DSC Dredge, LLC is looking for a highly skilled Mechanical Engineer with a strong structural background. World-class dredge manufacturing business with immediate full-time openings. Company offers competitive salary based on experience and unmatched benefit package, including health insurance, 401K w/match, and much more.
- Exhibits strong multi-tasking skill-set to support simultaneous on-going Engineering and company projects.
- Supports assigned dredge project(s) in collaboration with Senior Engineer.
- Designs and develops structural and mechanical components, equipment, and machinery.
- Creates and refines technical mechanical parts and assembly drawings to capture design intent and document the key aspects necessary to accomplish the manufacturing goals of a project.
- Creates and refines complex mechanical components including sourcing, volume models, key performance parameters, etc.
- Coordinates the electrical parts as typically used in the mechanical design models. This includes PCB’s, connectors, plugs, layout control models, import/export activities, coordination and management of interface details with the electrical engineering team.
- Develops communication documentation to help convey the key aspects of a design to a client or manufacturing partner.
- Creates and maintains of a Bill of Materials for assigned project(s).
- Creates, controls, and maintains release packages and design history files.
- Conducts and manages root cause analysis and resolution engineering issues, including any design changes required to existing equipment.
- Reviews design efforts from team to ensure that quality is being maintained.
- Provides technical guidance for designers and drafters as appropriate.
- Uses expertise to improve operational efficiencies and meet compliance requirements.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- 3 or more years of structural experience.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of current API standards for rotating equipment, particularly centrifugal pumps, centrifugal compressors, and auxiliary systems.
- Proven collaborator; able to leverage individual strengths to provide value to the entire team.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad and Inventor (preferred).
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to successfully pass all pre-employment testing (drug test, physical) and a background check.
DSC Dredge, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This technologically driven company takes pride in being the world's leader in customized dredging solutions.
Learn more about DSC by visiting our website: www.dscdredge.com
Job Type: Full-time
To keep our team as safe as possible, DSC Dredge, LLC is currently not accepting in-person applications. Prior to being invited to interview in-person, a complete copy of our pandemic policy will be provided for review.
- New Orleans, LA (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place