THE JOHN GORE ORGANIZATION is the leading developer, producer, distributor and marketer of Broadway theatre worldwide. Under the leadership of theater producer and owner John Gore, its family of companies includes Broadway Across America, Broadway.com, The Broadway Channel, BroadwayBox.com and Group Sales Box Office. Its productions span Broadway, Off Broadway, London’s West End, Japan and 47 North American markets. It has won Tonys in every producing category as well as numerous other Drama League, Drama Desk and Olivier awards.
At The John Gore Organization, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected and all voices are valued and heard. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, access and inclusion.
*Hourly Rate: $15
The Guest Service Representative handles the day-to-day sales and service of Broadway Across America and Broadway.com guests, develops ongoing relationships with our current customers and cultivates new relationships to grow the business, and is able to handle and work with different types of customers. Working out of the Salt Lake City office, this role is responsible for providing accurate, efficient and consistent “world-class” service to our guests ensuring a dynamic service experience whether it by phone, email, in person, or at an event. Every guest, every experience, every time. This position is also responsible for being on time to work, having a positive and supportive attitude, showing respect and consideration for your work family, and being an active listener.
Duties and Responsibilities*
- Answering phones
- Assisting guests in person
- Processing of tickets sales on multiple ticketing systems; including but not limited to single tickets/renewals/exchanges/reseats/refunds/cancellation/upgrades/reseats
- Reading and responding to guests emails
- Proofing of materials/emails being sent to guests
- Reviewing website/data entry on website
- Printing, fulfilling and mailing of tickets
- Database entry and maintenance
- Balancing close out reports for work done that day and submitting paperwork and monies
- Quality assurance monitoring of calls
- Participating in weekly Team meetings, seminars, and training events as scheduled
- Handling outbound calls which may consist of following up on unrenewed accounts, updating or informing guests of show/date changes, cancellations, payment plan declines, renewal deadlines, priority offers, survey calls about performances, follow up calls after problem resolution
- Working at the theatre as a Guest Service Representative during performances
- Assisting at promotional functions to support Broadway Across America/Broadway.com
- Participating in the ongoing development and organization of the Service Center and Organization as a whole
- Special projects as directed by Service Center Manager and/or Supervisor
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships
- Active listener
- Offers assistance and support to co-workers
- Works cooperatively in group situations
- Conflict resolution
- Able to work around unexpected changes of circumstance or workload
- Modifies a planned course of action based on new circumstances
- Changes communication style to achieve the best results
- Team Orientation
- Fosters team cooperation
- Understands team roles and responsibilities
- Supports group problem solving
Qualifications aka KSAOs*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic computer skills
- Critical thinking
- Service orientation
- Reading comprehension
- Oral and written communication
- Time management
Education and/or Experience*
- High school diploma minimum
- Prior box office experience, preferred
- Prior experience with ticketing systems, preferred
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, partners, or members of the industry
- Ability to write emails that conform to prescribed style and format
- Ability to effectively present information to customers, partners, or members of the industry
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to:
- Work overtime on evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to:
- Collaborative culture
- Fast-paced environment
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
We offer competitive compensation including Vacation and Holiday Pay, health & welfare benefits, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Salary requirements must be included for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY*
The John Gore Organization is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal employment opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other legally protected classification under local, state or federal laws.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification or position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The John Gore Organization’s recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. The John Gore Organization may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour