The Welding and Heat Treat Engineer will develop welding methods, heat treat, parameters, and application of welding and heat treat equipment to assist in the fabrication, overlay and material upgrade of complex high temperature alloys, establish specifications for pre and post heating requirements including welding of critical joints or other unusual requirements. Manage and maintain the welder qualifications. Assist with destructive and non-destructive testing, analyze production issues, lead the root cause analysis and implement corrective action, interfaces with customers and suppliers on welding related issues. Compile and write training material and conducts training sessions on welding concepts and tooling
1. Can make effective, timely decisions using all available data and facts without jumping to premature conclusions.
2. Identifies and documents all safety procedures and requirements associated with welding.
3. Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
4. Shares information freely and has demonstrated ability to effectively train others.
5. Has ability to be both an internal and external resource to all welding, metallurgical and NDT issues.
6. Must be able to support both facilities through regular, in person visits.
7. Can create, document, and update welding processes and procedures in a timely fashion to support customer and all regulatory requirements.
8. Demonstrates effective organization skills and can:
a. Marshall appropriate resources to effectively get the job done to meet organization and customer needs
b. Arrange information and files in a useful manner with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain Mid-State 6-S standards
c. Use effective time management skills to focus on the important business priorities.
- BS in a related technical area with BSWE preferred, equivalent experience may be considered
- Minimum 5 years experience in manufacturing engineering in a metal working, welding and fabricating environment.
- Experience with TIG welding and Heat Treat required.
- Hands-on experience in tooling, fixturing and methods required.
- A working knowledge of CAD and CAM technology preferred.
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector is preferred
- Experience in metallurgical analysis preferred
- Experience in analytical trouble shooting techniques.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Good communication and personal skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- metal working, welding, fabrication: 5 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing Engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place