TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated Mid-Level Environmental Scientist / Engineer / Project Manager to join our Buffalo, NY office. This position is a mid-level, career oriented position that requires a candidate who can provide TRCs clients with all aspects of environmental consulting from proposal preparation to project execution and delivery.
- Work with Senior Project Managers to scope, cost, plan, and execute compliance, monitoring, investigation, and remediation projects (experience with PCB remediation in soil and sediments is preferred);
- Complete work in the field, including starting and supervising field assignments including environmental investigations, operation and maintenance, and remedial system installation;
- Assist in the development of field work plans and health and safety plans, and be able to manage field work execution;
- Prepare industrial stormwater permit applications (general and individual permit), sewer discharge permit applications, and petroleum bulk storage (PBS) registrations;
- Prepare supporting plans and documents including Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans, Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans, Facility Response Plans (FRPs);
- Prepare technical reports documenting field activities.
- Prepare and manage budgets, schedules, invoicing, sub-contractor procurement and oversight.
- Work closely with clients in a professional manner and display service oriented attitude.
- Willingness to build a sustaining practice and engage in business development efforts including being active in professional organizations.
- Undergraduate degree in Environmental Science, Geology, Engineering or related area.
- Minimum 6-10 years of experience.
- Prior deep experience with general environmental consulting services.
- Professional licensure (PE or PG).
- OSHA 40 hr. HAZWOPER certification.
Due to short-term project needs, the following skills and experience would be advantageous:
- PCB remediation in soil and sediment including self-implementing PCB remediation project planning and execution.
- Experience in the New York Brownfields Cleanup Program, including application preparation, work plan preparation, and project implementation.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at www.trccompanies.com.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled #LI-KF1
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled