Do you enjoy solving complex mechanical problems, international travel, and communicating with others? Are you looking for a small - medium sized organization that recognizes your advanced technical skills and values work life balance? If so, we want to hear from you.
Geislinger Corporation was founded in 2001 as the North American headquarters of Geislinger, a family-owned, torsional vibration solution provider and leading supplier of couplings and dampers worldwide out of Salzburg, Austria. Quality, innovative technologies and a large wealth of experience have made Geislinger into a market and innovation leader throughout the world. Geislinger Corporation has 25 employees at the North American headquarters in Battle Creek, Michigan, with focus on manufacturing, sales, and service. Industries provided to: Oil & Gas, Shipbuilders/Marine, Rail, Mining, Power Generation, and Wind Power.
The CNC Machinisit/Prgrammer is responsible for machining components for Geislinger products in a safe, efficient way while maintaining high quality through operator parts self inspections. Assigned machines might include lathes, 5 axis mill turn centers, or 5 axis milling machines. Previous experience with CNC machines is a must, preferably in a high precision, low volume production environment.
- Follow all safety rules
- Operate all equipment in a safe manner
- Follow all environmental rules
- Operate assigned CNC machines, such as lathe, 5 axis mill turn center, or 5 axis milling center, in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform set-ups of machines for upcoming jobs
- Correctly assemble and measure tools for use in CNC machines and transfer the tool data into the machine controller
- Accurately report times and quantities for production jobs in data collection system (JobPack)
- Keep your work area, machine, and assigned areas clean and free from safety hazards
- Assist in improving machining processes, fixturing, and tooling
- Read and understand metric blueprints and GDT callouts
- Troubleshoot common machining problems and equipment problems (e.g. recovery functions for the machine)
- Assist with or perform first part runs and proving of new CNC programs (top level operators)
- Assist with or perform adjustments to Artis tool breakage monitoring system (top level operators)
- Perform weekly preventive maintenance tasks and report issues with equipment
- Complete all required operator self-inspections of manufactured components and document them on the appropriate forms
- Report and document any deviations for parts
- Use measuring equipment and measuring tools
- Assist with or perform calibration checks of CNC equipment and touch probes (upper and top level operators)
- Participate in training sessions (on the job and classroom)
- Assist with or perform training of lower skilled or new CNC operators (upper and top level operators)
- Assist with developing training material
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- Will be required to drive and travel on company business
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience operating CNC machines
- Working knowledge of precision measuring tools preferred
- Siemens 840D or Fanuc controller experience preferred, but NOT required
- Experience with metric blue prints preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Required to perform physical tasks and move about the facility.
- Must regularly push and pull production related equipment.
- Lifting of items not to exceed 50 lbs.
- Required to use proper PPE (safety glasses, steel toe shoes, hearing protection, gloves, etc. based on task)
- Combination of office and plant environment
- Exposed to any number of elements, but none present to the extent of being disagreeable
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.