TEC Equipment is the West’s leading full-service, heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, with over 1,300 employees in 26 locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada and Arizona. Since our humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and operated.
Part of TEC Equipment's success stems from our ability to build and remodel our dealerships using our in-house architectural designers and construction team. We are seeking a Commercial Construction Superintendent who will be responsible for overseeing all phases of TEC Development’s commercial construction projects (new construction and remodel) in the Pacific Northwest. This includes directing and managing employees, coordination/oversight of vendors and subcontractors, coordinating material and equipment, and ensuring plans/specs are being followed and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Candidate must be self-driven, able to keep up with a fast pace of work, and able to effectively motivate internal and external teams.
As a TEC manager, the person in this position must embody company values of Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, and Customer Focus, serving as a role model to employees.
- On-site Project Management – Oversee every phase of construction; from initial pre-con meetings to Building Occupancy. Travel required for on-site work. Manage internal and external construction teams. Maintain and monitor project schedule. Monitor expenses to ensure budget is being met. Communicate variances or issues to Director of Business Development. Coordinate all on-site activities and work schedules to ensure efficient workflow. Effectively manage project safety and job site challenges such as weather conditions and/or emergencies.
- Pre-Construction Activities – Competent with initial project planning, including RFI/ASI processes, building a project schedule, writing/issuing RFPs. Able to effectively negotiate with vendors/suppliers in procuring materials.
- Quality - Review all trade workmanship on a daily basis to identify potential problems and manage these problems to a successful outcome. Establish quality control procedures and perform inspections. Monitor work, make corrections, and provide feedback.
- Employee Management – Hire, train, develop, and motivate construction staff while managing the appropriate staffing level to support the work load. Provide clear direction and supervise day-to-day work, providing feedback and corrective action as needed. Review and approve time cards on a biweekly basis.
- Resource Management – Schedule and manage all vendors and subcontractors to meet project requirements. Maintain positive working relationships.
- TEC Values - Align department activities with the TEC value proposition and ensure that every employee understands our values and customer commitment. Serve as leader and role-model to team by conducting self with highest of ethical and professional standards and modeling the TEC Core values.
- Safety – Communicate safety rules and procedures to new hires. Enforce and ensure employees and contractors are attending/holding routine safety meeting “lunch box talks’ and adhere to company and regulatory health, safety, environmental standards at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering OR equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of experience in lead superintendent or project engineer role with a commercial construction focus
- Experience managing $5-10M projects
- Experience managing employees; experience managing and coordinating vendors and contractors
- Broad knowledge of construction trade work
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of management, employees, contractors, and vendors
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Understanding of LEAN and Critical Path Project Planning
- Ability to use MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Project)
- Ability to provide clear direction and resolve problems
- Ability to travel to sites as needed
- Valid driver’s license
We believe all employees deserve a safe work environment - all offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Yes. Ability to travel to sites in NW as needed
To Apply, visit: https://bit.ly/2AXxAQh
Job Type: Full-time
- Multiple locations
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction