Production Support Engineer Position Summary / Objective
The Production Support Engineer is responsible for the support of all manufacturing, production and assembly operations within the manufacturing plant. The position requires responsive handling of requests made by the manufacturing team regarding the company’s product, equipment or systems and resolving equipment malfunctions and fabrication errors. The position must understand the mechanical requirements of our product and process methods.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The Production Support Engineer will create and assist with the execution of User Requirement Specifications, Functional Design Specifications, Quality Critical Design Specifications, Factory Acceptance Test, Site Acceptance Test, Performance Qualification and Process Validation documents. Will also review and approve validation and verification documents and procedures related to such activities.
- Manages the department's CAPA processing, validation, process improvements and establishes the department direction for future projects. Will address customer complaints by developing short-term and long-term plans to prevent recurring issues. Reviews and recommends new or enhanced procedures and/or processes to maximize efficiency and to continuously improve quality of product produced
- Analyzes test data against established protocols and develops validation strategies to address anomalies or deviations. The Production Support Engineer also manages the plats calibration master list.
- Collaborates and trains on new procedures, and addresses concerns related to instructions.
- Duly follows organizational and work specific instructions.
- Fulfils tasks efficiently and in due course. Meets productivity standards (where defined). Can organize and perform work effectively. Sets priorities correctly.
- Abides by safety regulations at all times. Promotes safety standards at work place and in the team. Identifies potential safety risks and reports them actively to line manager.
- Demonstrates initiative to exceed a common performance. Flexibly adopts changes in tasks, work place, or team. Works reliably, keeps agreements. Assumes responsibility for tasks entrusted.
- Is open, respectful, and helpful. Constructively contributes with own skills to problem solving in team. Shares and accepts information and knowledge.
- Participates in department or quality team meetings. Suggests improvements and works alone or with others to implement improvements, as assigned.
- Works with maintenance management and maintenance technicians on mechanical downtime issues and problem solving ideas for equipment
- Analyzes equipment and proposes ideas for improvements that effect quality, safety, efficiency and performance
- Supports other process project engineers and operations staff on machine design and equipment reliability improvements
- Supporting continuous improvement activities and initiatives
- Trains trainees as requested.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or other engineering related discipline
- Knowledgeable about manufacturing workflows and demonstrated engineering experience
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
Preferred Education and Experience
- Engineering experience of two years is desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The Production Support Engineer position requires moving about as much as 60% of the workday in and throughout the plant; and the occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. This position can require occasional squatting, stooping, bending or crouching. Use of computer involves some repetitive motion. Business needs require that the employee in this position work an established 40-hour workweek and on occasion work additional hours outside of the standard schedule.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $72,000.00 - $76,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location