We are looking to hire a full time Automation Engineer. This position is located out our Charleston / Moncks Corner SC. Please review the job description below and apply today.
Mon-Fri, Day shift Position.
You will collaborate with departmental and corporate leadership to determine existing automation capabilities and future opportunities, creating detailed project road maps for automation projects that support our objectives. Our ideal candidate has at least a bachelor's degree in engineering with a focus on automation, electrical engineering, or a relevant field. You also need superb problem-solving and communication skills
· Conduct annual or predetermined training on PLC’s, Human Machine interface, Variable Frequency Drives, and computer-based software.
· Stay abreast of new technology on PLC’s, Drives, Networks, and all other automated equipment.
· Work and conduct audits to identify the need for replacement of outdated equipment or systems.
Maintain all process networks to include Ethernet/IP, Data Highway, Remote I/O networks.
· Work with IT Managers to ensure process networks are within compliance
· Suggest and propose annual training requirements for technicians
Work with managers to evaluate requests for all departments for new equipment installations and make recommendations regarding design, reliability, cost, and maintainability
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or similar field
· Proficiency in design and implementation of automated systems, especially as related to the aluminum industry automation equipment
· Experience with project management
· Solid understanding of computer programming and software development, preferably Rockwell Automation (AB) software products. i.e., RSLogix5, RSLogix500, RSLogix5000, Studio 5000, PanelBuilder software, Factory Talk View Studio, DriveExecutive, etc.
· Understanding of the following programming languages: Ladder Diagram, Function Block, Structured Text, and Sequential Function charts
· Be capable of understand and/or program SCADA system. (Wonderware)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $83,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charleston, SC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location