Maersk group, specializes in warehousing, distribution, and transportation.
Your shoes were likely made in China. Have you ever wondered how it got to your local retailer? Or, what’s in that shipping container going down your local highway? At Maersk, we know. In fact, we facilitate the distribution and movement of freight every single day.
When you join our team you join a truly diverse, global organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where you can grow on the job, tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through our international network.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits for full-time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, a 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-off – and our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry.
Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies and people succeed. Our vision is simple: Maersk is the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers’ global supply chains. We do this through the global scale of Maersk, the world’s largest shipping line; our Logistics and Services expertise that help customers manage their global supply chains; and through our port operator, APM Terminals, one of the largest container terminal operators in the world with the most strategic locations to serve global supply chains. Join us and play an important role offering logistics and supply chain services to our customers!
Analyzes data processing requirements to plan data processing system that will provide system capabilities required for projected work loads, and plans layout and installation of new system or modification of existing system by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Confers with data processing and project managers to obtain information on limitations and capabilities of existing system and capabilities required for data processing projects and projected work load.
- Evaluates factors such as number of departments serviced by data processing equipment, reporting formats required, volume of transactions, time requirements and cost constraints, and need for security and access restrictions to determine hardware configurations.
- Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan layout for type of computers and peripheral equipment, or modifications to existing equipment and system, that will provide capability for proposed project or work load, efficient operation, and effective use of allotted space.
- Enters data into computer terminal to store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Specifies power supply requirements and configuration.
- Recommends purchase of equipment to control dust, temperature, and humidity in area of system installation.
- Trains users to use new or modified equipment.
- Monitors functioning of equipment to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
We are looking for
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.