Cosmic Advanced Engineered Solutions (Cosmic AES) is a small innovative company tackling the most difficult technical challenges in signals, space, and cyberspace. We design and develop high-end signal processing solutions for Department of Defense(DoD) in the Counter-Space, Special Operations, Homeland Security, and other specialized mission areas. Our strong team of scientists, engineers, and operations experts specialize in exploring emerging technologies, system development, and rapid prototyping to solve the most difficult national security concerns.
Cosmic AES is looking for an RF/SATCOM Engineer (STTR-Space Test and Training Range). The STTR ensures safe and secure operations and provides its customers with realistic space environment to support test, training, and exercise activities. The STTR provides support from its Schriever operations center as well as deployed CONUS and OCONUS locations. The STTR operates in planning teams comprised of active duty military, reservists, government civilians, and contractors that work with STTR customers to plan test, training, or exercise events. The job also includes being on crew for event execution. Travel will be required for days to attend planning conferences and meetings of one to three weeks to support event execution. Also requires the ability to occasionally work non-standard and/or extended shifts.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop SATCOM signal environments working with customers to meet event execution.
- Participate in acquisition process on new STTR system to provide operational perspective. Activities include requirements input/review, design review, test, training, and system documentation.
- Support STTR event execution.
- STTR System expertise. Learn engineering details of STTR systems supporting the system configuration for event support, troubleshooting, and training.
- Develop test plans; conduct testing; interpret, document, and present the results to engineering peers, leadership, and the government customer.
- Support and develop training material for new range personnel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Current Top-Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
- BSEE or Technical Degree with verifiable SATCOM Experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Experience working with RF systems and RF Ranges: X,C,s,Ku,Ka.
- Knowledge of Earth to Space digital data and video links
- Knowledge of linking Budget and Performanec calculations to include Gains/Losses/EIRP/PSD/GT/SNR/EB/NO
- Knowledge of SATCOM equipment including, but not limited to, antennas, HPAs/SSPAs, up/down-converters, LNAs, and modems.
- Knowledge of Decible math and conversions.
- Knowledge of SATCOM signal dynamics including modulation, error correction, and associated signal generation equipment. Familiarity performing link-budget analysis.
- Experience with troubleshooting systems.
- Ability to react quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Collaborate working in a team environment
- Ability to communicate technical approaches and details within small project teams, including team interaction and presentation.
- Knowledge of High Gain Antennas and beam width parameters.
- Familiarization of ITU,FCC and other universally accepted standards and recommendations.
- Familiarity with computer networks.
- Digital Signal Processing + A/D - D/A Conversion.
- Satellite Dynamics and TT+C Links.
- Data analysis skills.
- Military experience or working in a military environment.
- DoD Test experience.
- Working knowledge of current DoD Space Control systems.
- Security + certification for data transfer responsibilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $115,000.00 /year
- SATCOM: 5 years (Required)
Security Clearance Required:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday