Mass Excavation, Inc. currently has a Heavy Equipment Mechanic position available in Anchorage. MassX is a union civil construction company that value hard work and loyalty. We strive for safety and excellence in not only how we deliver our projects but also how we treat our staff. If a career at Mass X sounds interesting to you, please read on!
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Construction Industry experience
- Well versed in Cat, Hitachi, Volvo, John Deere, and some Heavy truck and trailers.
- Must have a CDL with Hazmat endorsement.
- Clean driving record.
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be dependable , punctual and have strong work ethic
- Solid understanding of scheduling, resource allocation, equipment capabilities, and cost management.
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations.
- Strong communication and service skills
- Team-oriented and able to maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, owners, community members and organizations.
- Quick self-starter, Attention to detail, self-motivated, multi-tasker, must be willing to work outside and not be afraid to get dirty.
- This position will work in the shop and field on either our day shift or night shift pending the jobsite needs.
- Equipment maintenance and repair.
- Hourly services.
- Oil changes and greasing equipment.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
This position is union through the Local 302 Operating Engineers. This is a currently seasonal position pending workload through the winter.
EOE & drug free workplace. E-Verify.
A resume and cover letter may be submitted
Mass Excavation, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mass Excavation, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Mechanical Knowledge: 2 years (Preferred)
- Cat, Hitachi, Volvo, JD and heavy trucks: 2 years (Preferred)
- Class A Driver's License (Required)