Salary Range: $62,329 - $93,553 a year Overview: Engineer I - Reliability
Little Rock, AR, USA
Power Delivery, Reliability M&T
Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (AECI) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
Provides the initiative, competency, professionalism, and communication skills required to provide AECC with a properly maintained and reliably operated transmission system that meets all compliance and reliability obligations.
- Supervises and coordinates the construction and commissioning of AECC substations, transmission lines, and POD's. Ensures AECC facilities are constructed in a timely, cost effective manner in accordance with construction prints, standards, and guidelines. Also assists and advises distribution member cooperatives on construction and maintenance of investment credit facilities upon request.
- Interprets prints, prepares purchasing guidelines, interprets engineering specifications, reviews material lists, and ensures labor and material are on site for construction, and maintenance of new transmission and substation facilities. This includes coordination of inventory to ensure timely completion of maintenance and construction projects.
- Assists with preparation of NERC evidence and compliance documents, forensic analysis of transmission events, power quality events, and preparation of other documentation for NERC and AECC compliance and maintenance programs.
- Prepares construction and maintenance schedules, assists with scheduling of resources, and updates management on major construction and maintenance projects including substation and transmission line maintenance, construction and modifications.
- Assists in selection and qualification of substation and transmission line contractors; monitors construction progress, and processes contractor invoices for payment.
- Responsible for recommendation on monitoring safety programs for technicians assigned to major construction projects. Also coordinates and monitors contractor safety on major construction or maintenance projects.
- Prepares and coordinates pre-construction meetings with contractors and force account personnel regarding major construction projects, Prepares construction variance reports, project management metrics, recommendations on labor allocations, and other updates to management personnel for major construction projects and NERC reports.
- Assists with the preparation of the budget items, including budget proposals, work orders, and purchase orders for this area of responsibility.
- Assists with maintaining NERC evidence files on network and in approving substation commissioning & maintenance evidence files.
- Maintains contact with personnel of like responsibility in other power supply systems to exchange technical information and to cooperate in projects of mutual interest.
- Advises personnel, and member cooperatives', upon request, of facts relating to this area of responsibility and assists them in the performance of their duties in times of need. Acts as a consultant to member systems as required.
- Travels to AECC Districts, AECC power plants, and both AECC and member system investment credit substations and transmission facilities as required providing technical and administrative support to district and power plant personnel.
- The ability to handle stress and work well with others are essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree of Science in Electrical Engineering or related field, Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- EIT or FE certification desired.
- Utility work experience or a summer internship complying with NERC reliability standards for Protective Systems Maintenance and Testing Programs.
- 2 Retirement Plan Options
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 9 Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
- Paid time off accrual
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.
Location: 1 Cooperative Way, Little Rock, AR 72209
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $62,329.00 - $93,553.00 per year