Crosby is the world leader in the heavy lift industry. We strive to set the standard for quality, training, and technical expertise in the field. It’s our goal to exceed the expectations of our customers through technical leadership, innovative solutions, vertically integrated manufacturing, premier use of support, and a value-added distribution channel.
We are committed to investing in and developing our employees’ talents and leadership, and are currently seeking candidates for an Application Sales Engineer position.
Crosby offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, 401(k) with company match and 10 paid holidays annually.
This position requires general knowledge of all Crosby products and their applications, with a focus on blocks and sheaves. The position will be responsible for communicating with customers, understanding their applications and requirements, estimating costs, preparing quotations, maintaining quote follow up activity, and working with design engineering to develop complete designs and drawings.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Analyze and interpret customer inquiries, including specifications, to select and/or design appropriate equipment for the application.
2. Assist with technical development and risk assessment of customer inquiries.
3. Work with procurement and directly with vendors to develop cost estimates.
4. Set product pricing in collaboration with management and pricing analysts.
5. Determine drawings needed for quotation and coordinates their completion with design engineering.
6. Write, edit, and issue formal quotations to customer.
7. Follow-up on any written or verbal correspondence with customer during quotation phase.
8. Visit with customers post-proposal issuance to discuss and negotiate proposal.
9. Provide status reports to management on overall proposal status and activities
10. Assist with creation and modification of sales presentations / documents using Microsoft Office, Excel / PowerPoint and other Web based systems.
11. Work with management to determine updated skills and tools needed to continue improving performance and knowledge.
12. Travel to customer's facilities for site support and details needed for technical review and proposal generation.
5 to 10 years similar experience, in a related field of Applications/Sales Engineering in the Rigging and Lifting Industry.
B.S. in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical or related field)
Physical / Environmental Conditions:
Normal office conditions. Office may be located in a two-story office building. Job demands may require long periods of sitting, telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interaction with other people. Normal office conditions include walking, standing, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs, lifting, driving and/or traveling.
May occasionally visit shop to observe activities, post results, etc. Shop conditions are variable depending on task assignment. Is subject to shop noise, skin and eye are subject to fumes, vapors, and solutions controlled to OSHA standards.