This position is unionized. Wages and benefits will be paid as per union agreement.
The Second Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Engine Department personnel and operation and maintenance of machinery, in line with the Chief Engineer’s directions. The Second Engineer is responsible to the Chief Engineer for safe standards of operation in all departmental activities and is expected to perform his or her duties in accordance with the Canada Shipping Act and Regulations, Canada Labour Code, Company Policies and Procedures.
- 1st or 2nd Class Motor Engineer Certificate
- MED training with respect to STCW Basic Safety
- MED training with respect to proficiency in survival craft and rescue boats other than fast rescue boats
- MED in advanced fire fighting
- Marine Medical
- Personnel with Security Duties
Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Minimum 2 years recent experience
- Experience with Safety Management Systems
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excel in analyzing and adjusting work procedures for maximum efficiency
- Knowledge of English language is required
Algoma Central Corporation encourages application from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. We wish to thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply by email to email@example.com and include “Second Engineer Dry Bulk” in the subject line of your email.
Algoma Central Corporation – #600-63 Church Street – St. Catharines – Ontario – Canada – L2R 3C4