Supports the full quality assurance (QA) life-cycle by comprehensively testing software applications to ensure they are operating as intended and free from defects.
- Ensures that all applications and systems meet user requirements and agency standards.
- Documents QA artifacts such as test cases, acceptance, criteria, bugs, issues, test data, etc.
- Writes and executes test plans and cases for software applications to ensure they are free from defects and meet user requirements.
- Works with the development team to troubleshoot and resolve issues and reports on the progress to the development team and management.
- Introduces and implements improvements to quality assurance standard operating procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology discipline or related field or equivalent work experience directly within functional area
- Must possess six years of quality assurance and application software testing experience
- Must have end to end testing experience using tools such as Selenium
- Experience in writing and executing test plans, test cases, and acceptance criteria using Azure Test Plan (Previously called “Test Manager”)
- Experience in the agile development process and strong knowledge of QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong customer service skills, keen attention to detail, flexibility in adapting to changing environment, timely follow-through, and a commitment to learning new skills are required.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills and the willingness to be proactive and take initiative are required.
- The ability to build and use effective working relationships and to work independently as an effective team player are required.