Are you an experienced Cloud Engineer with proven AWS experience, a can-do attitude and a passion for technical leadership? An established Omaha-based IT company committed to delivering value and innovative Cloud solutions to our clients is seeking a Cloud Engineer to help expand its business. Within a fun, casual culture that embraces fresh ideas, you will consult, design and implement Cloud Solutions, with a focus on AWS, for our key partners, clients, and prospects.
The Cloud Engineer is part of the Jelecos Delivery team. The main responsibility of the Cloud Engineer will be to deliver timely technical services to our clients in conjunction with other team members.
Our Cloud Engineer must have in-depth knowledge of a variety of technologies to successfully deliver the services our clients require. This position will be focused on AWS consulting, design, implementation and automation.
Experience with Amazon Web Services and hybrid cloud are required. This position requires the candidate to possess the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification. The candidate must either already possess the Professional certification or obtain it within 6 months of hire.
The Cloud Engineer will work closely with prospect, client, and technical team members including System Engineers, Network Engineers and Application Developers to support our clients. The Cloud Engineer position requires strong technical, collaboration, and communication skills.
A successful candidate will be highly self-motivated and directed, driven to learn and customer service focused.
· Architect and implement Amazon Web Service-based solutions
· Identify opportunities to implement best-practice-based processes and procedures to improve service levels and efficiencies
· Plan and implement continual improvement efforts
· Assist in identification and evaluation of new technologies and development of new services
· Design and build public cloud solutions
· Share responsibility for PCI compliance of Jelecos environments
· Resolve customer requests and issues
· Work well as a member of a team
· Track time thoroughly and accurately
· Participate in after hours on call rotation
· Assist as needed with customer facing events or sales activities
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
· Extensive Amazon Web Services solution design experience
· Experience architecting and implementing cloud-based solutions
· Experience working in a hybrid cloud environment a plus
· Experience working in a highly secure or PCI compliant environment a plus
· In depth knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems implementation and administration
· In depth knowledge of Linux Operating Systems implementation and administration
· Understanding of network architecture and troubleshooting (switches, firewalls, routers & load balancers)
· Experience working with Veeam backup and recovery
· Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server
· Previous pre-sales skills a plus
· Strong presentation skills
· Disaster Recovery planning a plus but not required
General Knowledge and Experience:
· Must be highly self-motivated and dedicated
· Must be able to coordinate several tasks/projects at once and pivot priorities easily
· Must be a team player with a proactive, positive “can do” attitude
· Must have working knowledge and experience in a datacenter environment
· Must have working knowledge of data security best practices
· Must have outstanding written and spoken English communication skills to successfully communicate with clients.
· Desire to grow both personally and professionally
· Have at least 5 years of hands on experience in the IT field
· Possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Certifications Preferred, but not required
o VMWare Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization
o Red Hat Certified Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
- IT: 5 years (Required)
- AWS: 3 years (Required)
- Presentation Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Veeam: 3 years (Required)
- hybrid cloud: 1 year (Preferred)
- Linux: 3 years (Required)
- Omaha, NE 68114 (Required)
- VMWare Certified Professional (Preferred)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (Preferred)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B Visa)?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance