Sales - Agriculture Equipment
Equipment Technologies – Ohio Valley Ag – Owensboro, KY
Qualifications and Requirements of the Agriculture Equipment Sales Representative:
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Strong goal orientation
- Results driven
- Ability to operate and demonstrate application equipment and precision technology
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of different behavioral profiles
- Persuasive abilities to influence decisions and actions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in the use of computers, including all typical business applications
- Motivated self-starter with great initiative who can make sound independent decisions
Agriculture Equipment Sales Representative Description:
- Consistently achieve sales goals and planned objectives, while delivering customer satisfaction that ensures consistent repeat business.
- Develop and execute business and sales strategies, while achieving daily, monthly and annual sales quotas and goals and meet predetermined growth and profitability objectives.
- Maintain product knowledge and be proficient with operation of application equipment and precision technology.
- Constantly monitor and report new or existing market conditions, trends, competitive product, pricing and programs.
- Create and provide innovative solutions to the continually changing sales environment.
- Expand and maintain territory business by working with assigned accounts and prospects to meet and exceed sales goals. This includes problem solving, anticipation of future sales needs, and any special call activity.
- Create a sales plan for each assigned account.
- Act as sales expert, representative and primary liaison for excellent customer care.
- Build relationships with Growers/Producers.
- Maintain records and documentation necessary to ensure goal achievement.
- Manage, update and maintain callback schedules.
- Manage territory, manage time.
- Understand and follow work process requirements.
- Cultivate corporate perspective to drive business and attain OVA objectives.
- Develop strong communication with Manager.
- Responsible for tracking and analyzing territory’s performance and individual account performance.
- Cultivate necessary computer skills.
- Territory performance
- Machines sold
- New accounts opened
- Retail Parts Sales
- Activity and productivity
- Management of time
- Communication with customers, team, vendors, and supervisor
- Follow through and meeting of deadlines
A competitive compensation package will be provided, including base salary and commission plan.
Competitive benefits are available to a successful candidate
Agriculture Equipment Sales Representative Overview:
The Sales Representative is responsible for achieving OVA’s sales objectives in the assigned territory. This primarily includes sales of the Apache. The Sales Rep will have complete ownership of an assigned territory with responsibility to promote the brand and build positive business relationships between the customer base and OVA/Equipment Technology. The Sales Rep will work closely with established customers, as well as to prospect, identify, and work with new customers, to promote repeat sales and secure orders for equipment, parts and service. Management, negotiation of deals, and the targeting and recruitment of new prospects, will all be critically important components of the growth and profit objectives.
Ideal Candidate will have previous sales experience with equipment and be able to sell, operate and demonstrate equipment. Strong goal orientation and desire to succeed a must.
Ohio Valley Ag (OVA) is your Apache sprayer and application headquarters. Our dedicated sales and service teams have one focus, application, and it shows in everything we do. We invite you to look at our website and learn more about our company. We think you’ll find that our straightforward approach, application expertise and focus on customer service set us apart from the competition. Please see who we are at http://www.ohiovalleyag.com
The Apache was born to address the needs of growers and applicators as they face changes in spraying practices. Our innovative engineers and management team listen to our customers to create rugged and reliable Apache sprayers that growers need and can afford. We believe in the spirit of innovation.
The Apache is developed and built by Equipment Technologies, the largest independently owned manufacturer of self-propelled sprayers in North America. The corporate headquarters is in Mooresville, Indiana. Our common-model parts mean faster production, inventory readily available, and more affordable sprayers for our customers.
The Apache sprayer is the complete package. A dependable piece of application equipment, delivering necessary power and trimming the fat many others carry. With Power to the Ground Technology onboard, the Apache mechanical drive system delivers more of the engine's horsepower to the ground while competitors waste power on unwarranted weight, wheel motors and pumps.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Equipment Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Sales: 2 years (Required)
- Outside Sales: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction