The stability and success of HR Green is not possible without a great team in place making everything work for our clients.
As part of our national firm, you will be exposed and expected to help be a part of the Iowa Transportation team focused on our Traffic related work which includes analysis, design plans, studies, and modeling. This opportunity will allow you to develop your Traffic engineering skills along with learning and developing in all aspects of projects and enhancing your skill set and career goals. This position will be located in either our Des Moines, IA or our St. Louis, MO office.
You will have the ability to team and work on projects with large and small clients. You will be part of a small team that is growing and be able to have a large impact in a short period of time.
Are you a recent or upcoming graduate and looking for your first opportunity in Traffic/ Transportation? Are you an EIT engineer looking for a new challenge and ability to grow your career quicker? Do you have experience and passion for Transportation focused on Traffic related work? If so, apply now and lets get the conversation started!
Our comprehensive benefits program covers what you need: health/dental/vision insurance, 401K with company match, Paid Time Off, AND what you want: Educational Assistance, annual paid volunteering time, work-life balance scheduling options, and fitness program reimbursements. Professional development is woven into the fabric of HR Green as we offer flexible career path options, in-house training programs, and incentives for professional registrations and public speaking.
HR Green is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Please see below for a more detailed job description
The Staff Engineer is responsible for completing assigned tasks under the supervision of the Team Leader, Project Manager or more experienced engineers. This Staff Engineer is expected to apply the concepts learned through required education and prior professional experience to solve engineering tasks as assigned. Provides guidance and may direct the activities of non-exempt staff in completion of assigned work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs portions of a project using relevant office software, modeling, GIS, and CADD technology.
- Completes calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems.
- Prepares specification materials through the use of research and manufacturing catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection and payment of items specific to a project.
- Works with CADD Technicians in order to complete design details and plan sets.
- Assists in the preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates.
- Completes field observation, inspection and data collection duties as directed by senior engineering staff.
- Communicates with client staff and internal design team as directed by senior engineering staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Must possess a bachelor’s (B.S.) or master’s degree (M.S.) in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year or graduate engineering university. Masters degree preferred with an emphasis on Traffic but not required.
- Must have the desire to work on the traffic including analysis and modeling.
- 0-2 plus years of related engineering experience is required. 1-2 years of related engineering experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of office software (Word, Excel, etc.), CADD software and other engineering automation tools is required.
- Knowledge of DOT standards and procedures is desired.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Must have received, or receive within six months of hire, a valid E.I.T. license. The employee must also be capable of driving/operating a motor vehicle for company business, and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement