Our Vancouver Office is growing!
With 12 offices across Canada BBA is ranked among Canada’s Best Employers and is in the prestigious Platinum Club of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
BBA is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm providing professional services and highly technical expertise. We provide smart, specialized solutions. BBA serves the energy and natural resources industries: renewables, mining and metals, pulp and paper, biofuels, oil and gas markets.
BBA encourages diversity to match the demographics of Canada, this stimulates the generation of innovative solutions. Our 950+ employees create a fun work environment encouraging knowledge sharing and skill development. Our employees are trusted with mandates that push their limits, both at the office and on site.
BBA is recognized as proud professionals who positively impact society’s development by providing practical and technologically advanced solutions in a mindful way. The firm is engaged in creating value with safe sustainable and resilient solutions for communities.
To find out more about BBA, visit www.bba.ca.
Job Description :
As an engineer in training, you will be responsible for working as part of a team of around 12 EITs, engineers and designers to support deliverables for various projects varying from hydroelectric plant design (i.e. penstocks, hydraulics, balance of plant, etc) to heavy industrial plant design (i.e. process, HVAC, piping, etc) and mining processing plant design.
In joining our team, you will be asked to:
Work Schedule :
- Support and help prepare deliverables for projects (i.e. drawings and specifications) under supervision of senior engineers
- Perform detailed engineering based on guidelines for mandates involving heavy machinery, conveyors, pump systems, crushers and metallurgical processes.
- Make calculations.
- Carry out design calculations under supervision and ensure that deliverables meet guidelines as well as legal and regulatory requirements.
- Present technical information, concepts or study results.
- Ensure that work complies with budgets, schedules, estimates and established procedures.
- Provide assistance to more experienced personnel for the technical aspects of complex tasks.
- Produce technical data sheets, specifications and design basis documents.
- Occasionally coordinate the work of draftspersons or other non-professionals at the request of a senior engineer.
- Occasionally attend site visits to perform inspections, quality checks and to witness testing
- Eager to learn
- Ability to adapt
- Creativity and innovation in providing solutions
- Strong safety and quality awareness
- Client and results oriented
- Detail orientated
- Ability to build positive peer relationships
- Aptitude for self-development
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Technical Writing
- Understanding of design codes: ASME, CSA, API, BC Building Code etc
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience in consulting
- Asset: experience in hydro, BOP, and/or turbine generator
- Experience in mechanical engineering in the industrial, energy or mining sectors
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite and other applications as well as databases and interfaces
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, SolidWorks, TRACE 700, AFT Fathom, ANSYS
- Available for short-term assignments (mandatory) and long-term assignments (asset) to client sites.
BBA is committed to diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.