Reports to: Project Manager and/or QC Manager
Provide geotechnical services for deep foundation projects.
Responsibilities of this Position
· Evaluate ground conditions, design parameters, and potential problems by review of geotechnical reports and soil boring logs
· Develop geotechnical pre-production and as-built profiles
· Prepare borehole logs in the field
· Travels to construction site to assure conditions are as anticipated, work is being done properly, as designed and assuring design is correct
· Prepare daily activities project reports
· Identifying/anticipating problems and determines appropriate resolutions
· Work under the guidance of project and/or QC manager
· Follow up and follow through on projects to completion
· Adhere to safe practices
Requirements of this Position
Applicants need to be graduates in Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or Civil Engineering and authorized to work in the US. A minimum of two years of experience classifying soil using visual-manual procedures is required. Candidates with experience in drilled shaft, cutoff wall and slurry wall construction or deep mixing are preferred.
Expectations for success in the program include
· A willingness to travel to gain experience on various jobsites with different techniques, different people and different geologic environments.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
· A strong work ethic and self-motivation.
· Dedication to your own professional growth.
· Conscientious work habits that include attention to detail, clear documentation, and communication skills
· Respectful team player who demonstrates a commitment to aiding the development of people around you.
· The ability to think critically about problems, provide solutions and decide a course of action.
· A willingness to accept and implement constructive feedback from managers within the company.
· Ethical behavior at all times.
Compensation and benefits
Competitive salary; commensurate with experience.
Benefits package available: health insurance, life insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid holidays and vacation.
BAUER Foundation Corp. is a DFWP and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Moore Haven, FL 33471 (Required)
- Do you have a minimum of two years experience classifying soil using visual-manual procedures?
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible