Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it’s our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we’re growing! We are adding people to our team every day — people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers.
Knife River has an immediate opening for a Heavy Equipment Operator/Grounds person from Salem to Eugene at various locations in the Willamette Valley, OR.
Typically 6:00am to 6:00pm, but will vary depending on work load.
Must be able to work overtime & weekends if required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Safely operate various types of heavy equipment to include front end loaders, dozers, excavator (feeding crushers, loading trucks, and stripping overburden), grader, water truck and pit haul truck.
- Maintain own equipment.
- Assist in the yard with maintenance on crusher as necessary.
- Responsible for seeing that all safety equipment is in place at all times.
- Other misc. duties as directed by supervisor.
- Always work safely and take action to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes, and behaviors observed.
- Willing to learn the safe and efficient operation of heavy equipment.
- Willing to learn Basic knowledge of crusher operation, conveyor systems, and maintenance.
- Prefer good mechanical, electrical, troubleshooting, and welding/fabrication skills.
- Need positive attitude and the ability to work well with others and follow directions.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, candidates must complete and submit an employment application at jobs.mdu.com by the posting deadline noted above. If unable to complete an application online you may print and send completed application to any Knife River NW address or stop in one of our locations to complete an application. Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
At Knife River, we are committed to helping our military transition to civilian life. We are constantly looking to add veterans to our workforce and want to make the transition as smooth as possible. There are many jobs within the military that are transferable to our Heavy Equipment Operator/Groundsperson position:
Pavement and Construction Equipment Journeyman
Pavement and Construction Equipment Apprentice
Pavement and Construction Equipment Helper
Construction Equipment Supervisor
Motor Transport Operator
General Construction Equipment Operator
Rough Terrain Forklift & Loader Operator
Heavy Construction Equipment Operator
Horizontal Construction Engineer
Equipment Operator Basic
Advanced Equipment Operator
Basic Engineer, Construction and Equipment Marine
Motor Vehicle Operator