What We Expect of Our Entry Level Programmer
As an entry-level programmer, This position will allow you to gain experience working at developing code primarily for hardware/software interfaces. You will be responsible for translating program specifications into actionable computer code. From there you will be expected to implement the code and resulting software into computer systems. Additionally, you will be responsible for unit testing. You will have the opportunity to work with different communication protocols and interfaces across the spectrum from high-level software application development to embedded systems to microcontroller devices.
Who You Are
Your Duties & Responsibilities
- Studying program specifications to gain deeper understanding of performance expectations and coding requirements.
- Collaborating with Senior Programmers to plan for coding and overall program development.
- Researching solutions to coding and performance issues.
- Translating program performance expectations documents into logical programming sequence and ultimately, into code.
- Performing trial runs in later coding stages and modify any existing and potential issues.
- Documenting control language for advanced troubleshooting reference documents.
- Regularly updating project manager on progress and time estimations to ensure smooth daily operations and accurate planning
- Advancing professional development through active participation in industry organizations, reading programming publications and pursuing educational opportunities.Your Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Programming
- Proficiency with Python and Java (both strongly preferred)
- Programming skills for both Linux and Windows OS
- Full understanding of software fundamentals
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- High attention to detail
- Persistent and positive attitude
- Creative problem solver
Who We Are
AccuStrata is a leader in R&D of customized solutions that combine advanced software programming with cutting edge technology for in situ & real-time optical monitoring and intelligent process control systems. We specialize in collaborating with our clients to develop unique solutions for their applications and hardware. Our company runs several grants and private product contracts, involving emerging technologies and novel system controls. We believe that every project can teach us something new and are committed to innovating creative solutions in a variety of fields such as manufacturing control systems, biotechnology, and agriculture. Come join us as our software team expands to meet growing demand!
We are a small office operating in Rockville, MD. If you feel you are a good fit for us, please send resume with cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time