iota Biosciences, Inc. is an early-stage medical device company dedicated to bringing novel bioeletronic devices to market. Bioelectronic devices are the start of a an entirely new form of medicine, where miniature devices treat chronic diseases through mechanisms like electrical stimulation or collect disease diagnostics at a specificity or frequency not previously possible.
Iota’s core technology stack enables a custom ultrasound wand to communicate with and power custom implantable devices, eliminating the need for wires or batteries and making it possible to produce tiny medical implants. This product concept is based on the ground-breaking “neural dust” technology initially developed at UC Berkeley. From this academic proof of concept, iota Biosciences is developing a family of miniscule yet effective and manufacturable medical products.
As Sr. Electrical Manufacturing Engineer you will own the manufacturing design and execution of our electrical systems. The candidate will be responsible for coordinating all activity between the electrical engineering design group and contract manufacturers including delivering design documents, creating build schedules and monitoring progress. The candidate must have a good working knowledge of PCB design, layout and manufacturing processes as well as understand PCB assembly line operation, optimization, and troubleshooting. The candidate will participate in DFM/DFA reviews to ensure that designs are implemented in a way that is consistent with supplier capabilities and are scalable as needed to meet commercialization needs.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Design manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for parts and assemblies.
- Incorporates inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
- Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
- Design, build and test automated test fixtures by collaborating with mechanical engineers and PCB designers.
- Define maintenance and calibration requirements for each functional test equipment.
- Introduce new products on schedule by coordinating with Design Engineering and Program Management.
iota Biosciences is based in Alameda, California.
Please ensure the minimum requirements are evident on your resume.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing role.
- Working knowledge of electrical CAD design suite.
- Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Solid understanding of PCB schematic capture, layout, materials, and board stackups.
- Strong background in PCB assembly line processes and operations.
- Experience in process characterization and validation using statistical tools such as SPC, Cp/Cpk, Design of Experiments.
- Experience in ISO 13485 medical device manufacturing or similar regulated industry.
- Strong desire to be hands on and support a wide variety of activities.
- Portfolio of complex engineering challenges with high degree of ownership.
- Experience working with electrical and systems engineers to design automated PCBA Test Fixtures.
- Background in medical device/aerospace industry preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- CAD: 3 years (Required)
- Statistical process control: 2 years (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel: