BioNex Solutions is an emerging life science lab automation company focused on the unmet needs of customers in the laboratory automation and liquid handling markets. Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, we are uniquely positioned to take advantage of cutting edge technology in order to develop innovative solutions for complex lab automation applications.
We are seeking a talented entry to intermediate level Field Service Engineer based in the greater Des Moines, IA area who will help us create a world-class customer support team. The ideal candidate will be strong technically, work well within a dynamic, field-based environment, be creative, and focused on solutions that meet our customers' needs.
The Field Service Engineer will primarily be responsible for:
- Interfacing with all aspects of robotic systems and control software, such as installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and performing routine maintenance on robotic laboratory equipment
- Logging and maintaining accurate service records, documentation, and reports as well as working on improving our written service procedures and best practices
- Listening to our end users and helping to develop complete workflow solutions
- Working with engineering colleagues to develop and revise product service manuals as well as to resolve system operation and maintenance issues
- Providing feedback to management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and product improvements
- Providing technical phone support to customers
- Developing service plans and procedures including the necessary documentation
- Complying with company policies for safety, regulatory and quality as applicable (e.g. FDA Part 820, ISO 13845)
If you have the following qualifications, we'd love to hear from you:
- Demonstrated track record of successfully performing the required tasks, preferably in a start-up environment
- Experience in bioscience industry a plus
- A technical degree (A. S. or higher) in related scientific or engineering discipline, and/or equivalent experience with mechanical, electrical, robotics, and/or fluidics
- Significant customer service experience, preferably in a regulated environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with customers and colleagues in a diverse, flexible environment
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills. Preferably to include the use of multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and other diagnostic tools
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time for product training and/or to customer sites on short notice
- Experience preferred with FDA 21 CFR 820 Quality System Requirements, ISO 13485 Quality Management Systems, and ISO 14971 Risk Management (Medical Devices)
BioNex Solutions offers a dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment and the opportunity to make a significant impact on our organization. Our outstanding rewards package includes stock options, an excellent salary, comprehensive health benefits, and a generous PTO policy.
Applicants must currently reside in the greater Des Moines, IA area . Sorry, this position is not eligible for visa assistance or sponsorship.
Job Type: Full-time