Key Responsibilities for a Field Engineer:
- Sets up and maintains permanent control throughout the entire line and grade portion of the project.
- Validates accurate dimensions by reviewing the architectural and structural drawings prior to execution.
- Is able to identify any discrepancies in drawings prior to execution.
- Engages the project lead on the line and grade portion of the project to ensure proper scheduling and sequencing.
- Proficient with the use of advanced instruments and total station to perform an accurate layout.
- Is able to complete a layout in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
- Delivers layout information to the project team to ensure proper execution.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience in field engineering, surveying, and layout for a large scale Self-Perform GC or Concrete Contractor.
- Self-perform experience of concrete is required.
- Seeking someone with a variety of project types with emphasis on Commercial/Industrial.
- Knowledge of construction principles/practices required with experience on projects over 1 million dollars.
- Experienced with using advanced instruments and capable of using Total Station to perform layouts.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail