The Operations Manager is an integral part of the leadership team, directly responsible for oversight of project performance for all construction projects managed both in the field and office. The Operations
Manager will analyze and maintain organizational processes, resulting in enhanced quality, increased productivity, profits, improved efficiency, and ensuring client satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position leads, manages, and maintains accountability of the field and office operations team.
Planning and coordinating aspects of the construction process is the primary focus of the Operations
Specifically, duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and manage the field and office operations team, consisting of Project Managers and Engineers, Superintendents, and Field Personnel.
- Provide overall administrative and technical direction to projects, from initial concept through bid preparation to final acceptance by owner.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with owners, subcontractors, suppliers, and potential customers.
- Conduct in-depth review and analysis of all project or contract documents.
- Ensure compliance of documents with laws and regulations and maintain proper records of these documents.
- Responsible for overall construction project delivery, which includes successful on-time completion, meeting required quality standards, and ensuring profitability on multiple project assignments.
- Manage safety programs for each project and ensure compliance with safety standards.
- Oversee progress of projects, verifying the work is done according to outlined specifications, and in conformity with project timetable.
- Oversee Project Managers to ensure all project budgets, schedules, and construction subcontracts are on task.
- Attend project meetings and document discussion of project scope development and design, manpower needs, and project profitability.
- Resolve construction related issues, disputes, and disagreements on the project. If not possible, advise and involve the President to determine effective resolution.
- Train and mentor employees in areas of project management, engineering, and estimating.
- Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures.
- Work with leadership team to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
The qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Civil, Mechanical, Engineering, or Construction Management.
- 8+ years of experience in Construction Management of Residential/Multi-Family and Commercial.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership skills, as well as the ability to work as part of a team.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of 5 or more members.
- Ability to multi-task and engage in strategic planning.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills.
- Solid working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building, and client relationship rapport, required.
- Experience in delivering projects with both Design-Bid-Build and Construction Management at Risk.
- Basic understanding of construction job cost analysis, including WIP schedules.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, CPM scheduling software, and project management software.
- Willingness to travel overnight as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 8 years (Preferred)
- management: 3 years (Preferred)
- What is your salary requirement?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
Company's Facebook page: