Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: 1331 S. Curry Pike Bloomington, IN 47403
Reports to: Senior Systems Engineer
Innovate. Grow. Bloom.
The healthcare insurance industry is growing faster than any other insurance sector in the United States. If you’re looking for a tech career with a growing company where you can make a difference, earn a great salary, and be recognized for your forward-thinking, then you’ve found it at Bloom.
Who Is Bloom?
We are the Insurance Industry's Trusted Growth Partner. We are industry visionaries. We’re solving problems and advancing the healthcare insurance business through innovative technology. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art software products and services provide greater efficiency and cost savings to clients. This is what we do at Bloom and you can be part of it.
We provide advanced sales and enrollment automation software to the insurance industry through our Ascend™ technology platform. Bloom’s Ascend™ technology platform focuses on sales automation efficiencies and optimizing the member experience from the first moment a prospect considers a health plan membership.
We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. Our office environment is fun and casual, we want our team to enjoy the space in which they work. You’ll get to know your fellow employees at our fun events and team lunches. Our community engagement events offer opportunities to give back to the community through volunteering and other activities.
Purpose and Objective
The Systems Engineer is responsible for the design, deployment, and maintenance of physical and virtual servers, as well as ensuring the maximum availability of mission-critical systems and services.
Essential Functions (Primary)
Day to day functions include the following:
· Tier 3 technical support to Bloom end users
· Administration and optimization of Active Directory accounts, groups, and computers
· Maintenance of web-based applications
· Ensure that covered systems meet or exceed relevant regulatory recommendations
· Maintenance of servers including regular operating system patches and application updates
· Configuration and testing of system backups for multiple systems and recovery scenarios
· Monitoring of system performance
· Create and maintain system configuration documentation
· Meeting and reporting on project milestones
· Daily monitoring of log files for potential system or security issues
· Track, monitor, and report on software license usage
· Assist junior members of the Systems team
Additional Functions (Secondary)
· Maintenance of Windows-based system images for mass deployment
· Web application support
· Define and recommend policies and procedures for system and services use
· Work with other members of the Systems team to help plan, recommend and implement hardware and software changes
Candidates who cannot perform some or all of these duties because of disabilities will nevertheless receive full consideration for the job based on their ability to perform essential functions.
The following are required to perform the essential functions of the job:
· Associates degree in IT/IS, MIS, Computer Science, or related field preferred
· Working knowledge of 2 out of the 3 following environments: Windows, Linux, OS X
· 3 years’ experience in a similar role
· Proven knowledge of Windows systems (2012R2+)
· Working knowledge of Linux operating systems
· In-depth knowledge of Windows services including DNS, DHCP, Certificate Services, Active Directory, Group Policy, Internet Information Services (IIS), Network Policy Server
· In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP based networks
· In-depth knowledge of workstation and server troubleshooting and deployment
· Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services
· Strong hardware/software troubleshooting skills
· Willingness to research, learn and adapt, attend trainings
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Similar Role: 3 years (Required)
- Do you have a working knowledge of 2 out of the 3 following environments: Windows, Linux, OS X?