A Welding Engineer combines practical welding work with higher-level administrative and technical duties. Welding engineers manage welding projects, supervise welding teams, and are involved with planning and preparation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, submit, and manage WPS(s).
- Assign approved WPS(s) to new jobs.
- Leading welding projects.
- Analyzing engineering designs for welding requirements.
- Reviewing welding procedures, processes, and documentation.
- Assist in managing welding procedure qualifications and generating welding procedures to help the manufacturing and welding teams.
- Conducting failure analyses and cause analyses on welding issues.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEGDE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must have the following:
- At least 5 years of work experience in Quality Assurance field should be combined with a demonstrated track-record of accomplishments as a Weld Engineer, and with satisfying customers in technology-driven, supporting quality departments.
- Experience with ISO9001 Quality System rules, regulations, including planning and implementation. Also, NAVSEA and ASME experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and superior organizational abilities.
- Ability to take initiative, to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment essential.
- PC-based computing experience (word processing-Word, spreadsheet-Excel, presentation- PowerPoint, documentation s/w, statistical software) essential.
- Experience with performing Internal Audits and Document Control.
- General knowledge of associated machinery and processing preferred.
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control.
- Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques and documentation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering or equivalent (or Associate’s degree in these fields plus minimum 5 years heavy industrial experience).
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, quality manuals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management and customer’s top management.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis, etc.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk, occasionally stoop, kneel and/or climb; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Ability to identify colors and make fine visual discrimination; ability to make fine judgment of texture. Ability to remember verbal and written instructions over a period of a few minutes to several days.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All Pegasus’ facilities are tobacco free.
This Job Description Does Not Constitute A Contract For Employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $300,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Quality assurance: 5 years (Required)
- Welding: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location