Aurora North is a Burlington, Vermont-based software company that develops software focused on enhancing legal operations, increasing efficiency, and reducing risk. Aurora North, an industry leader known for providing advanced technology solutions to law firms all over the world, is currently hiring an experienced Team Lead to contribute to our growth and success.
Our company specializes in the installation and implementation of industry-standard legal systems and enterprise solutions. We provide the highest quality software services to the legal industry, including software products for intellectual property law firms throughout North America and Europe. Come work with an outstanding team of passionate, focused individuals while continuing to build your technical expertise and business acumen.
Our ideal candidate is an organized and communicative Project Team Lead with keen business acumen, strong customer focus, and an advocate for collaboration. The Team Lead will directly oversee a team of project professionals supporting implementations of Intapp products (including Conflicts, Intake, Terms, and Flow). This role supports successful client engagements, ensures consistent client satisfaction by leading business users and technical professionals through each phase of the project lifecycle. The Team Lead provides oversites to multiple concurrent projects across various teams, clients, and product implementations. This role may be responsible for budgeting and managing the profit margins of assigned projects. Providing an excellent customer experience is an integral part of this role.
Job Duties and Responsibilities*
- Leads both business users and development personnel throughout each of the project phases. As project lead is responsible for reporting to upper management on status, progress & issues
- Manages all facets of the project life cycle – from requirements and implementation through testing, deployment, budgeting tracking, resource allocation, and change request management, scheduling, and customer support – mitigating and minimizing exposure to risk and assuring the successful and timely execution of multiple simultaneous projects
- Offers the client technical direction by applying industry experience and best practices.
- Works with the team to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction through on-time, in-budget, and in-scope delivery of projects
- Presents Aurora North’s capabilities and initiatives to a breadth of system stakeholders, from system users to the developer community to information technology (IT) managers and system owners. Leads software demonstrations for visiting program managers and at off-site meetings. Conducts technical overviews and explorations for the development team. Leads conference sessions
- Collaborates with CEO, CTO, COO, Director of Development, Business Analysts, other Project Managers, and Implementation Engineers
- Participates in requirements discussions and gathering and compiles requirements into client-facing documents and internal engineering documents
- Responsible for the creation and upkeep of project artifacts and documents such as Requirements Response, Project Plan, Wireframe / Prototype, Standard Consulting Agreement, Statement of Work, Software Subscription Agreement
- Monitors Work-in-Progress, measuring requirements milestones against actual work-to-date
- People-management responsibilities throughout all phases of the employment life cycle, from hiring to exiting. This includes shaping and supporting a positive environment, setting team tactics for achieving goals, allocating and hiring resources (including vacation and sick approvals), developing and coaching team members, evaluating performance, overseeing team operations, etc.
Note: The duties and responsibilities outlined in this description are not a comprehensive list and additional job-related tasks may be assigned from time to time. In addition, the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Other Skills, Requirements, and Competencies
- Business Acumen: Strong business analysis, requirements gathering, and project leadership skills. Writes and presents business cases to the Executive Team for approval
- Highly Organized: Creates project plans, assembles project teams, and completes deliverables for projects
- Communication: Ability to communicate technical applications, upgrades, and concepts to non-technical audiences. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Focus: Executes projects and navigates challenges with the customer at forefront of mind to ensure client satisfaction and retention
- Time Management: Ability to effectively manage project and team timelines, objectives, and scope requirements
- Teamwork: Encourages collaboration and can successfully interface with cross-functional teams
- Problem Solving: Takes a proactive and positive approach to problem-solving
- Quality: High level of reliability, follow-through, discretion, and integrity. Very strong organizational skills and high attention to detail. Strong organizational skills
- Aptitude for Learning: Eager to learn and gain real-world experience in a fast-paced high-tech environment
- Leadership: Leads team members towards meeting project objectives and supports improvement and change initiatives
Education and Experience:
- Four-year degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 5+ years of related experience with significant responsibilities related to software/IT project management
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing role
- 3+ years of people management is preferred
- 3+ years of experience with Aurora North products, services, and/or clients or prior experience in the legal software industry is a plus
- Proficient in cross-project release management and coordination, project portfolio management, project risk management and mitigation, and all aspects of managing the project life cycle from inception to completion
- Proficient in CI/CD concepts, Business Intelligence, Intermediate level of experience dealing with collaboration and project tracking tools: (examples: JIRA, Confluence, Intapp Time, MS Project)
Prolonged periods at a desk and working on a computer. Work requires a high level of mental effort and strain when performing a high volume of tasks and performing other essential duties. Work occasionally requires more than normally scheduled work hours to perform the essential duties of the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year