Great jobs available NOW working for the government at the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, Vermont Service Center, in the Essex Junction area.
Candidates who indicate they are willing to work a 3:00PM - 11:30PM shift will be shown preference.
Work Status and Pay:
- Currently new employees supporting our Vermont Service Center operations start as temporary employees. If business needs permit, the position will move to into a permanent role within six months.
- The total hourly pay is $20.00*
General Responsibilities (one or more may apply):
· Sort internal mail and deliver it to the destination, often using a cart to carry the mail between offices.
· Handle external mail, serving as the link between the U.S. Postal Service and individual offices and workers.
· Facilitate delivery of outgoing mail by determining if the mail is to be sent registered, certified, special delivery, or first, second, third, or fourth class, and may group mailings by ZIP code.
· Contact delivery services to send important letters or parcels.
· Operate machines that collate, fold, and insert material into envelopes for mailing.
· Operate machines that affix postage and mailing labels and track the amount of money expended on postage.
· Use computers to keep records of outgoing items, retrieve, sort, assemble and maintain files, and generate screen prints and barcodes
· Verifies data and makes computer updates
· Scans, adjust, and photocopy documents
· Deliver files to identified destination, places files in destination location, and complete file review processes
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Pass government background check/obtain and maintain USCIS Public Trust suitability determination
· Reliably maintain a regular work schedule
· Good attention to detail
· Perform clerical and similar tasks accurately and at a rapid pace
· Basic Computer Skills
· Express and exchange ideas clearly in the English language, written and verbal.
Physical Ability Requirements:
· Mobility on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for moving files to and from work site.
· Sitting at a desk with limited mobility for periods up to 4 hours, with short breaks in between.
· Climbing stairs, bending, squatting, reaching, and walking independently and frequently.
· Lift above head, retrieve, load, push, and pull items weighing 45 lbs. or more, independently and frequently.
Sciolex Corporation is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and trusted provider in the civil and defense, intelligence, and security industries. With our remarkable team of engineers, analysts, developers, program managers, and support staff, we work to solve our nation’s most intricate challenges through creative and innovative solutions.
Sciolex Corporation is currently experiencing rapid growth. When an employee enters our company, they will experience a company culture that values three major pillars above all else: People, Mission, and Company, in that order. We are a company who recognizes that when we take care of our people, the world becomes a brighter place.
At Sciolex Corporation, our top priorities and most valuable resources are our employees, which is why we offer a competitive total compensation package. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) who celebrates diversity in and out of our organization. Come see where your opportunities for success can flourish.
NOTICE: Sciolex Corporation NEVER asks job applicants to issue any payment, service fees, or banking information to Sciolex Corporation or its recruiters as part of our application process. Before providing any personal information to outside parties, verify that the job you are applying for appears on our Careers site.
Third Shift Preferred (3:00PM-11:30PM)
Possibility of midnight shifts: 11:30PM – 6:00AM
Possibility to work weekends
* Includes government contractor US DoL Wage Determination statutory requirements
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location