Husson University in Bangor, ME, has been transforming students’ lives for over 100 years. We do this by inspiring and preparing students for professional careers in current and emerging fields as part of an education informed by the sciences and humanities.
Husson has helped thousands of students to benefit from the transformative power of education. We’re committed to making the strategic decisions now that will allow us to continue transforming lives well into the future.
Husson University seeks to attract world-class adjunct faculty to enrich the educational experience of our professionally-motivated students. Husson is committed to building a culturally diverse part-time and full-time faculty dedicated to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We are especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through their teaching, scholarship, and professional experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
Husson University is seeking to add enthusiastic individuals to the adjunct pool to design and teach courses in our online General Education program. Courses are online and run for seven weeks in six different terms. Candidates with demonstrated expertise and professional experience in the following are encouraged to apply:
- U.S. History
- American Government
- Probability and Statistics
- College Algebra
- General Psychology
- Human Growth and Development
- Personal Fitness
- Professional Communications
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess a terminal degree (e.g. PhD, JD) in the discipline and:
- Previous experience with online teaching. Experience with teaching online using the Course Management system Canvas is desirable.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Personal commitment to providing quality online education.