This position is for a Mechanical Engineer to create detailed mechanical designs, drawings and specifications. The Mechanical Engineer must be familiar with document control practices such as new part releases, revision changes and other manufacturing process changes. The Mechanical Engineer must be self-motivated and independent, possess good multi-tasking skills, and be a versatile problem solver. The Mechanical Engineer will report to the Director of Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and revise detailed design drawings for mechanical parts using CAD software, specifically SolidWorks.
- Create and revise detailed assembly models and drawings for complex optical, electrical, and mechanical systems using SolidWorks.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component design.
- Maintain proper document control for new part releases, revision changes, bill of material modifications, creation of new part numbers, etc.
- Create manufacturing procedures and instructions to be followed during assembly.
- Check dimensions on incoming materials, aid with part rejections, and correct deficiencies in documentation.
- Collaborate with other team members to resolve design issues or other problems and add value through participation in team development projects.
- Provide reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques.
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes, and provide comments on various design aspects.
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment, and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion.
- Write product and/or application information including manuals, procedures and datasheets!
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Strong background using SolidWorks is required, basic working knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus
- Knowledge of ANSI drafting standards and tolerancing is required
- Understanding capabilities and specifications is required for: modern machining, sheet metal, 3D printing, and finishing techniques
- Experience using machine shop equipment to make simple parts/fixtures/modifications is a bonus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Mechanical Engineering, is required
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in mechanical engineering, or product development is required
- Knowledge of PDM processes and software tools are a plus
- Background in Physics or Optics is a plus
- General PC skills in Windows environment including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimum supervision
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All staff and visitors must wear a mask and temperature screen every day. Plastic dividers separate work spaces
- Mechanical Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)