Prince Rupert Grain Ltd. (PRG) operates a state-of-the-art grain shipping facility on Ridley Island in Prince Rupert. The terminal receives grain by rail and processes, sorts and stores grain for loading onto ships bound for markets around the world. PRG is currently accepting resumes for the position of General Labourer (GL). As a GL you will start in an entry level position and receive training into many of our Production positions in a heavy industrial environment.
· Heavy clean up duties such as shoveling, sweeping floors, brushing down equipment and structures, vacuuming grain residues.
· Load/unload products to/from rail cars and trucks.
· Participates in training of other Rail Yard duties, i.e. rail car switching and locomotive operations.
· Operate equipment within defined parameters.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Minimum Grade 12 Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent industrial experience.
· Must be capable of lifting and stacking, 50lbs, without assistance.
· Ability to work safely with limited supervision in a heavy industrial environment.
· Mechanical aptitude and basic computer skills.
· Basic math, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
· A desire to be cross trained and learn about our business.
· Shows a learner's attitude, personal initiative and diligence.
· Ability to work in conditions such as confined spaces, heights, dust, and temperature extremes.
· Ability to work shift work on a rotational schedule, including days, evenings, and graveyards.
· Class 5 Driver’s License.
· Fourth Class Power Engineers Certification.
· Rail Yard / Locomotive, grain handling experience or Industrial work.
· Completion of safety courses such as OFA, forklift, confined space, WHMIS, fall arrest.
PRG provides an excellent compensation package. Currently this position is paid $42.05/hr in addition pension, benefits plan, training and career development opportunities are available. Prince Rupert Grain Ltd. is an equal-opportunity employer.
Prince Rupert Grain Ltd. Is not accepting resumes in person at this time.
Closing date is April 19, 2021.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted to proceed through the hiring process.
Application Deadline: 2020-04-19
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $42.05 per hour
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place