WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in 100 offices nationwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Michael Baker International’s Water Group provides innovative consulting, planning and engineering solutions for the entire spectrum of the water cycle. We have proven experience in providing a full range of professional services from scientific and technical analysis, concept through design, and construction support services. Protection and management of water resources starts at the watershed level and follows the movement of water through urban and agricultural areas, streams, lakes and reservoirs, water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, and water/wastewater treatment plants.
The successful candidate has the unique opportunity to grow in this role and develop their career as a project manager, technical expert, or combination thereof, based on your unique interests and skill sets.
You will be involved with a variety of transportation drainage and water resources related projects and tasks including:
- Responsibility, with the support of a technical mentor, for planning, design development, calculations, and presentations to support the drainage and water resources design discipline.
- Conduct technical evaluations to support planning and design related to the management and conveyance of stormwater systems.
- Participate in the preparation, oversight and review of construction plans.
- Prepare written reports, technical memoranda and permit applications.
- Attend conferences and technical workshops to study the industry’s new and innovative solutions and technologies.
- Assist with technical marketing during the procurement of key projects.
- 4+ years of transportation drainage and/or stormwater related design experience
- Bachelors of Science in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Professional Engineering License in TX, or the ability to obtain within 6 months
- Experience with design of stormwater management systems including the siting, design and modeling of retention and detention ponds with ICPR or similar software packages.
- Experience with design of open and closed conveyance systems including the application of design software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to develop design reports and permit applications.
- Experience with HY-8, Culvert Master, HEC-RAS, HEC-GEORAS, Storm CAD, Pond Pack, and Flow Mast
- The ability and attitude to work effectively in a team environment
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.