Indmar Products is the world's largest and most award-winning privately-held manufacturer of gasoline-powered marine engines. With nearly 50 years in business, Indmar holds a long legacy of innovation and continues to lead the industry in power, performance and customer service.
Indmar is currently seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. Candidates should have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years experience in a ISO-certified manufacturing facility. Previous experience in the marine or automotive industries is preferred. A full list of requirements and job responsibilities are below.
All candidates considered for this position will be asked to complete a drug screen and criminal background check. A full benefits package is included with employment, which included relocation assistance if needed. Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. A work sponsorship is not available.
Position Summary: Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods. Must have a high level of technical expertise and skill used to plan, design, set up, modify, optimize and monitor manufacturing processes. This position would work integrally with Product Development, Quality Control, Production and Supply Chain.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials, conferring with equipment vendors as well as soliciting input from operators.
- Designs new systems and processes for the introduction of new products or the improvement of existing ones.
- Analyzes and plans workforce utilization and workflow and design layouts of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Maintains existing bills of material and creates and maintains work instructions and control plans.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Organizes plant start-up and shut-down schedules to ensure minimum loss of production time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and work together with a team.
- Goal-oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks and projects.
- Ability to identify and solve problems, develop innovative solutions, act decisively, and demonstrate good judgment; Must be quality minded.
- Must be mechanically inclined and have a working knowledge of mechanics tools.
- Skilled in Solidworks CAD software; SWCP or higher is desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous experience with an ERP system is preferred.
- Some knowledge of EPA, SAE, US Coastguard laws, ABYC recommended regulations, CE Foreign Regulations
- Knowledge of ANSI/NIT Engineering Standards.
- Must be able to travel as needed and work extended hours, evenings and weekends necessary to achieve company goals.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an ISO-certified manufacturing environment, preferably in the automotive industry.
- Prior knowledge and experience in fabrication, robotics welding and CNC machine tool technology is required.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Manufacturing and office environment
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
PPE that may include safety glasses, respirator, hearing protection or
Indmar Products is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Visit our website for more information: www.indmar.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Millington, TN 38053 (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 10 hour shift