Facilities Electrical Engineer
- Perform Energy Audits, Provide Energy Usage Calculations Circuit Analysis for critical load throughout the plant and circuit protection for Voltage Sag for critical loads.
- Validation, optimization and efficiency analysis for cost savings and reduction of energy throughout the plant.
- Operate equipment and program/adjust medium voltage relays
- Prepare engineering specifications for bid invitation, performed bid evaluation and conformed bid evaluations for purchase
- This position will be field based and the person should be comfortable working on an operating manufacturing facility with ongoing construction activity
- Coordinate downtime activities and needs between maintenance, construction, and production.
- Should be able to provide base cost estimating services within the electrical scope and work with trades to drive value for Tesla.
- Evaluate quotes related to any ongoing maintenance (preventative) activities
- Reviews and provides written comments on design plans and specifications prepared by others.
- Visits construction sites to determine compliance with design intent, reporting discrepancies, errors and omissions and utilizes this input to update standards, processes and procedures.
- Establishes standards and specifications for installation, modification, quality control, testing, operation, inspection and maintenance of Emergency Power Supply System (EPSS) and high voltage electrical systems according to commissioning standards, NFPA requirements, EPSS engineering principles and safety regulations.
- Provide technical and configuration support for the implementation and maintenance of energy systems utilizing tracking techniques and trending software.
- Assist Operations and Maintenance in planning outages.
- Facilitates the implementation of improvements in electrical asset effectiveness, availability, and maintainability.
- Drive root cause analysis on process or asset failures.
- Work across sites to determine commonality and implement best practices.
- Implement electrical safety programs following OSHA and NFPA 70E guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- 8-10 years of direct construction experience building high-tech infrastructure and operational facilities (semiconductor, solar, battery, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to interface with multiple engineering disciplines
- Medium Voltage equipment including – operating/maintaining the equipment, trouble shooting and programming /adjusting medium voltage relays.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and NFPA codes and HAZMAT safety protocols
- Well versed in the National Electrical Code.
- Ability to communicate clearly and interface at an executive level
- Proven track record of managing budgets and evaluating construction related quotes and contracts.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program