Fabric8Labs is a fast-growing startup developing an innovative new metal 3D printing technology. Backed by Mark Cuban and Stanley Black and Decker, we are developing our technology in San Diego and are seeking a Process Engineer with expertise in electrochemistry/electroplating to join our materials research and development organization. The candidate will be a highly motivated and creative individual with hands-on process optimization skills. The position requires the ability to solve electrochemical problems related to the research, development, and commercialization of electroplating processes for 3D printing devices.
The qualified candidate will have knowledge of electroplating principles, material science, and plating technologies. Experience with metallurgy and general/analytical chemistry is a plus.
- US Citizen
- Masters' Degree in Materials Science, Electrochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field with emphasis on electrochemistry
- Strong technical expertise in theoretical and applied electrochemistry, with experience in standard electrodeposition methods and instrumentation.
- Demonstrated fundamental understanding of electroplating processes and track record of process optimization and implementation to produce electrodeposits with desirable composition and material properties.
- Experience in wafer level plating, semiconductor technologies and MEMS is a plus
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and instrumentation and their capabilities for material testing and process troubleshooting
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment; proven dedication and strong multitasking and organizing ability
- Good skills in interacting across a broad range of levels
- Supervisory or management experience a plus
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Leading material development and process optimization efforts
- Supervision and management of other lab resources and personnel
- Identifying new materials and processes for 3D printing via Localized Electrochemical Deposition, evaluating feasibility of the plating processes.
- Providing innovative ideas for extending capabilities and improving quality of the printing processes.
- Establishing project strategy and goals, assigning work, and providing guidance and support in project execution.
- Ensuring quality of the work produced by the team including thorough analyses of data, development of new test methods and use of outside resources to achieve desired results.
- Actively communicating to the management technical results, progress towards targets, potential obstacles, and their technical solutions.
- Leading a team composed of technicians and engineers. Responsible for setting up individual objectives, provide trainings and regular feedback.
Work Hours and Benefits
- This position is a full-time, salaried position
- Stock Option Grant
- Full benefit package: Medical, Vision, Dental
- Flexible Work Hours
- Limited travel to customer and vendor sites possible
Questions or comments? Contact us at fabric8labs.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity