HVAC Energy Engineer
We are a growing Commercial Energy Service & HVAC company with clients in Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area . We are leaders in energy efficiency for commercial buildings. We serve corporate headquarters, clean rooms, data centers, offices, R & D, and more.
We have a unique niche, providing turnkey guaranteed energy saving upgrades and quality Controls/HVAC service/maintenance, and we have never had to downsize or reduce hours for staff. During the recession in 2009, while most companies downsized, we continued to grow and doubled in size. We will provide you with the ideal long-term career, not just a job. Contact us today and find out why we are the best place to work in the commercial Energy Efficiency / HVAC Building Automation industry.
As an Energy Engineer, you will be part of a team that is responsible for finding creative ways to re-engineer HVAC systems for improved energy & comfort, yet not have a regular commute to work. We provide the tools, so you can work from the comfort of your home with periodic trips to job sites (typically in the San Francisco Bay Area) to perform field engineering work. You will be part of the team that turns guaranteed energy upgrade ideas into reality and you will be able to tune the systems and see the projects through to fruition.
- After a custom and extensive training period, you will do the following work.
- Conduct energy studies and field trips to client buildings. Hands-on work with HVAC equipment to find potential problems. Collect site operating information.
- Perform basic engineering calculations with Microsoft Excel. Write project summary reports.
- Assist onsite technicians to do hardware trouble shooting and diagnostics.
- Write basic control code for efficient HVAC equipment operation. Maintain efficient and comfortable operation at upgraded sites. Troubleshoot and debug using remote control platform.
- Some graphics ability is helpful.
- Periodic travel to the Bay Area for field trips & meetings, typically one to two weeks duration.
- B.S. in Mechanical / Aeronautical / Electrical Engineering or related engineering field.
- An understanding of heat transfer, fluid dynamics, energy systems, and power systems, including fans, pumps, compressors, and combustion.
- The ability and the motivation to tackle a problem and solve it with logic and creativity.
- Some basic programming skills. Controls experience is a plus.
- US Citizen or permanent USA residence required.
- Fluent English for report writing. Good communication skills.
- Ability to work a full day outdoors. Ability to climb ladders and maneuver mechanical areas.
- EIT or PE certification is a plus.
- A strong desire to reduce energy use.
Compensation & benefits:
- Competitive wage based on experience.
- Full Family Medical, dental and vision insurance – 100% paid by company.
- 401K with company matching
- Lucrative profit sharing program
- Paid vacation & sick leave.
- Paid holidays (six observed holidays).
- Computer, smart phone, and WIFI
Contact us today and begin your rewarding career in commercial energy efficiency!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)