Location: Lou-Rich - Albert Lea, MN
Develops systems and documentation for specific programs that ensure that products and services provided meet all contractual and program quality requirements.
· Participates in the review of design, manufacturing, and test documentation to ensure that applicable program or contract quality requirements are met.
· Reviews the program quality performance to provide analysis and obtains corrective actions where necessary.
· Participates in the generation of program-specific quality and test philosophies to ensure compliance with company and customer requirements.
· Participates in the review of customer or contractual documentation (including proposals) to identify and ensure fulfillment of requirements.
· Provides interface and support to customer quality concerns to facilitate responsiveness to customers.
· Establishes and maintains the program quality system plan and documentation to ensure compliance with program requirements.
· Provides technical and advisory support to the prototype area to ensure the development of products in a manner that produces a quality system and documentation which will provide adherence to customer requirements.
· Dispositions discrepant material in a manner that ensures product quality and adherence to program requirements.
· Performs program-specific tasks as required (e.g., customer-required First Article Inspection, PPAP, APQP, PFMEA, SPC, Qualification Test Failure Analysis, etc.) to ensure compliance to individual program requirements.
· Devises, establishes, and maintains a reporting system for program quality to provide visibility internally and for the customer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or related subject is desired. Associate Degree with three years of quality experience in a manufacturing setting is acceptable
- Effective negotiator with track record of accomplishment
- Understanding of company/manufacturing big picture and objectives
- Computer skills and experience (Microsoft Office Suite, Inspection Expert, Minitab, PiWeb, etc.)
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Lean Background a plus
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and electronic)
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Attention to detail, well organized and self-motivated
- Requires passing a pre-employment screening
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location