SEMA Construction, voted a 2019 Top Workplace by theDenver Post, has an immediateopening for an Environmental Engineer/Compliance Officer for our RockyMountain District. This position will be based out of our Centennial, Coloradooffice.
Conductscomplex discovery and preventative maintenance field inspections of activeconstruction sites to support District environmental permitting, and ensurecompliance with local, state and federal laws. Documents findings andrecommends actions to address immediate issues as well as process improvements.Monitors all environmental conditions; recommends changes to maintenanceschedules. Performs technical, analytical, and administrative tasks, oftenindependently, to assist in implementing environmental and safety programs tomeet established service level goals for the communities within the District.Performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required.
· Supportsand performs permit compliance inspections, generates follow up work orders,makes maintenance schedule recommendations, and maintains/updates inspectiondocumentation, analyzes trends in inspection and maintenance data.
· Conducts field inspections and documents theresults including photographs, report preparation, culverts and streams duringinitial phases of “discovery” and for preventative maintenance inspectionthereafter; determines conformance with state and EPA regulations and operationstandards, as needed and on a scheduled basis; and to support potential constructionand maintenance improvement projects.
· Performsroot cause analysis for existing problems and proactive process improvements.
· Provides information and report output,documentation control, partners with internal/external stakeholders to includeall District departments.
· Coordinateswith internal and external stakeholders regarding key initiatives as assigned.Participates in and/or leads Department, project group and status meetings.Provides status reports (verbal and written) as needed to support projectmilestones, schedules and cost tracking.
· Performs other duties of a similar nature asmay be required.
· Independentworker with collaborative and communicative approach.
· 4-yeardegree in Environmental Science, Civil Engineering or equivalent combination oftraining and relevant experience
· Capableof walking long, linear construction sites and areas with difficult access.
· Proficientin Microsoft applications.
· Experiencearound construction sites is preferred, but not required.
SEMA Construction, Inc. offers top wages andbenefits to all employees. SEMA Construction Inc. is an Equal OpportunityEmployer.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan