Job posting: Bell 407/212 Maintenance engineer
Bell 407/212 engineers are responsible to the Director of Maintenance and Chief Engineer to ensure all maintenance activities are performed in accordance with the MPM, the Air Operator’s MCM, the Air Operator’s Approved Maintenance Schedules and Transport Canada requirements. They are also responsible to the Quality Assurance Manager for adherence to the Quality Assurance Program. Maintenance engineers assist with all administrative, maintenance and servicing activities for aircraft assigned to and/or requiring maintenance. They assist with onsite daily A/C maintenance planning, coordination of and ordering of parts and supplies. Maintenance engineers are responsible for A/C fuel quality control and managing fuel requirements on the jobsite. They also ensure the serviceability and availability of required operational equipment on site.
Maintenance engineers Duties also include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of aircraft and aeronautical products assigned to operation sites.
- Guides and supports development of assigned maintenance personnel.
- Perform the maintenance, repair, modification, overhaul and alteration of aircraft and aeronautical products within the approved scope of work.
- Ensure the required records for completed and not completed work is entered accurately into aircraft’s maintenance records.
- Identifies defects and corrective action and reports potential service difficulty reports for aeronautical products.
- Ensure ground support/operational equipment is properly maintained and maintenance facilities are clean and safe.
· Ensure tools and equipment requiring calibration are current prior to use.
- Suggest methods of monitoring and improving productivity, policies and procedures.
· Assist with the ordering of parts and supplies for A/C, ground or operational equipment and the maintenance facility.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
· Holder of TC Aircraft Maintenance Engineer M2 license.
· Previous B407 & B212 ACA
· Bell 407 and 212 A/F type courses.
· RR M250-C47B and Pratt and Whitney PT6T-3/6 engine type courses.
· Class 5 drivers license, clean drivers abstract.
Considered an asset:
· Previous B206 ACA, A/F and engine type endorsements.
· Avionic experience or sheetmetal experience.
· Pay dependent on experience.
· Employee or contract position.
· Meals and accommodation provided for out of town workers and at remote jobsites.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$52.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Covid Vaccination Policy in place
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Campbell River, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)