The Professional Engineer II – Traffic Engineer will coordinate multiple consulting projects in the traffic engineering field. This position requires an individual with an understanding of current transportation engineering practices and a collaborative approach to project management and proven project delivery expertise. Demonstrate a willingness to learn and implement effective business development processes and techniques to support growth and lead projects in the transportation industry. The successful candidate will be required to manage multiple projects simultaneously, as well as to develop and lead project pursuits. This position will be based in our Thornton, CO office and will serve local and state clients in Colorado.
- Direct day-to-day project set-up, execution, close-out and all aspects of project delivery.
- Manage project budgets and schedules for successful completion.
- Control financial performance of projects, assist project staff in identification of potential problems, and implement timely corrective actions to avoid financial losses and client dissatisfaction.
- Must be familiar with contract administration and be able to deliver projects within contract scope and requirements
- Guide and mentor junior traffic engineers in current traffic engineering practices.
- Work collaboratively with project and design teams to develop, prepare, and review project deliverables in order to accomplish project objectives and meet client expectations.
- Lead, direct, and coordinate design review meetings and the development of accurate, complete plans, specifications and reports in accordance with engineering best practices.
- Maintain regular, open, positive communication with clients, management, and stakeholders on key issues and project progress.
- Assist senior management with staff workload planning activities.
- Implement and ensure compliance with Company Quality Management System (QMS) and provide guidance to staff on QMS activities.
- Must adhere to all safety and protective equipment policies, demonstrating safe work practices and completing required safety training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Colorado Professional Engineer (P.E.) license.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of continuous and progressive experience in Traffic Engineering and Traffic Operations
- Advanced level proficiency or higher in use of Synchro Simtraffic, VISSIM, Rodel, and other relevant traffic software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with strong skills in Excel
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication and technical writing skills
- Traffic Signal Design
- Operational Analysis of intersections, corridors, interchanges, freeways, and ramps
- Signing /Striping layout and design
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility and ability to work effectively on multiple concurrent projects, meeting established timelines
- Ability to travel to project meeting and job sites is required.
- M.S. degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) license.
- Proficiency in Autocad Civil3D and Microstation software.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Planning, concept development, and feasibility studies
- Bicycle and pedestrian facility review and design
- ITS Design
- Strong public speaking and personal interaction skills
- Ability to develop a business network in the local marketplace
Office environment, sitting at computer work station for extended periods. Position may include frequent travel to job sites and meetings. Overtime may be required.
Rocksol is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace. All candidates are required to participate in drug and alcohol screening prior to and throughout the duration of their employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity