JOB TITLE: Commercial Loan Closer
DEPARTMENT: Melvin Mark Capital
POSTED: March 2020
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
ABOUT MELVIN MARK COMPANIES
Melvin Mark Companies has developed, owned, and managed property in Portland since 1945. Along with a current portfolio of more than 3.5 million square feet of commercial space in the Metro area, we also provide a full range of commercial real estate services for landlords and tenants. Our companies include Melvin Mark Capital Group, Melvin Mark Investors, Melvin Mark Construction Company, and
Melvin Mark Brokerage Company.
Melvin Mark Capital Group provides debt solutions for local and regional owners.
We have a respected reputation in the community; we are regarded as both a great place to work and for our philanthropic endeavors. We offer a competitive benefits package which includes medical/dental, professional development, parking, an annual TriMet pass and much, much more! Our employees enjoy being part of the Melvin Mark team. In fact, Melvin Mark employees have an average tenure of around 13 years!
Are you interested in bringing your talents to one of the leading commercial real estate firms in
Portland? Be sure to check us out at www.melvinmark.com and https://www.melvinmarkcompanies.com/companies/capital-group/
The Loan Closer position is responsible for all phases of the loan closing function for Melvin Mark
Capital Group, a company that delivers capital and financial solutions for local and regional owners, buyers and developers of commercial real estate.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and tracks all closing related items with lenders and borrowers
- Coordinates and communicates with loan production officers on various stages of the loan closing process
- Prepares and coordinates lender required closing documentation such as tenant estoppels and SNDA’s
- Orders and obtains third-party reports including appraisals, property condition reports, environmental reports, survey, title, etc.
- Responsible for review and coordinating property insurance approval with lenders and borrowers.
- Loan production support
- Borrower and property research
- Contact database management
- Must have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- We need someone who is task oriented and can effectively communicate with our lenders and borrowers
- Close attention to details is essential to this position
- The ideal candidate will be team oriented, self-motivated, and able to manage their time and prioritize deadlines
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- A bachelor’s degree preferred
- A minimum of two years of experience as a commercial real estate loan closer and experience with all products types including multi-family, retail, office and NNN transactions
- Excellent computer proficiency is a must, with a high degree of proficiency in MS Office and Word.
- Experience working with variety of lenders including commercial banks, credit unions, CMBS, and Life Insurance companies
This position must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time. The job requires constant operation of a computer and other office equipment. Must be able to assess large amounts of data using a variety of software applications and communicate clearly and concisely with various business contacts.
Melvin Mark Companies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements Melvin Mark Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placements, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Melvin Mark Companies expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- commercial real estate loan closing: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative