In today's software-centric economy, speed is everything. The pressure to deliver more, faster, falls squarely on development teams. Sauce Labs accelerates software development by removing testing as a bottleneck. Our automated testing cloud ensures that the web and mobile applications people use everyday work flawlessly on any browser or device. With Sauce, innovators accelerate their software development cycles, improve quality, deploy with confidence and reduce costs. We call that automated testing. But you'll probably just call it awesome.
About the role:
The Core Services team is responsible for the orchestration layer which maintains a lifecycle of all resources required by customers to successfully execute their tests. We help customers build digital confidence by providing an entry point to access the Sauce Labs vast amount of testing resources.
Being a Senior Software Engineer at Core team means you will take care of all new and existing services, API's and other resources our team owns. It includes not only software artifacts but also architecture design, wide inter-team collaboration and product requirements discussion.
- Implement features and improvements to the orchestration layer of our test platform.
- Actively collaborate with Product-Engineering stakeholders to maintain high expectations for quality in our iterative environment.
- Advocate for improvements to our platform scale, performance, architecture and engineering quality.
- Propose and implement solutions to improve our team efficiency. Specifically addressing tech-debt and hidden dependencies.
- Make choices for the adoption of new technologies based on your extensive experience.
- Try to ship small features and improvements on a regular basis with minimum guidance. Actively help the team to collaborate with bigger initiatives.
- Participate in weekday and weekend on-call rotations to help teams troubleshoot urgent customer facing problems and other engineering issues.
- Participate in our team process of software delivery which includes refinement of work items, discussion about priorities and outcomes the team defines for the coming time period.
- Python 2/3
- Docker or compatible technology
- Observability/Alerting - SRE handbook
- Building scalable software > 10k requests/second
- Testing best practices
Security responsibilities at Sauce:
At Sauce, we will commit to supporting the health and safety of employees and properties, partnering with internal stakeholders to learn and act on ever-evolving security protocols and procedures. You'll be expected to fully comply with all policies and procedures related to security at the department and org wide level and exercise a 'security first' approach to how we design, build & run our products and services.
Sauce Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity/expression/status, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Please note our privacy terms when applying for a job at Sauce Labs.
#Remote #SauceEU #LI-OK
Job Type: Full-time