Rural Water District Manager
Tonganoxie, KS 66086
Number of hires for this role- 1
Rural Water District No. 9 Leavenworth County currently serves approximately 805 customers in southern Leavenworth County and eastern Jefferson County. We have an opening in our district for the right person to serve as the District Manager. This is a full-time position responsible for the operation and maintenance of the District's assets, including the responsibility for compliance with state and federal water standards. The successful applicant must possess or be able to attain KDHE
Operator Certification for a Class II water district and have a valid driver's license.
Responsibilities include assisting and overseeing the maintenance operator in the operation of the district's wells, storage tanks and chemical feed systems as well as main line breaks or as needed with the operator. Maintenance records will be a joint responsibility of the maintenance operator and district manager.
The district manager will be responsible for all communication with outside consultants, including the district's engineer, accountant, and attorney. He/she will be required to prepare monthly financial statements and present to the Board of Directors at their monthly meetings. The manager will also be the contact person for the district's customers with new meter applications, installation requests or any other concerns they may have.
Qualities & skills required:
- Problem solver able to work independently without direct supervision
- Good communicator
- Comfortable with technology including creating and using Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to analyze financial data and make recommendations based on district's needs and
- Familiar with preparing QuickBooks reports and data entry
To apply for this opportunity, please submit a cover letter, resume, salary history and three (3) professional references to Rural Water District No. 9, PO Box 295, Tonganoxie, KS 66086.
Salary based on ability, experience, and certification. Applicant subject to e-verify, drug testing and comprehensive background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page: