Navarro & Wright Consulting Engineers, Inc., established in 1996, is a multi-disciplined civil engineering firm servicing public, private and institutional clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region, with offices located throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware. Our team of professionals is dedicated to detail, innovative solutions, and cost control utilizing the latest technology and methodologies.
This position is responsible for the engineering and design of assigned projects, ranging in various size and complexity. May be assigned as a member of teams that are managed by other project managers. Responsible for assigned projects includes, identifying and meeting client expectations, pricing and negotiating contracts, performing engineering services, oversight of project quality, resource identification and management, meeting project schedules and profitability goals. Participates in developing and maintaining client relationships, and marketing company services. Responsible for coordination and completion of technical activities on assigned projects. These projects involve a broad range of municipal-related infrastructure projects, including, but not limited to, civil, land development, water, wastewater, stormwater, and transportation projects that encompass the company’s broad range of services.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Executes planning for projects, including development of the project scope, task organization, estimates of effort and other required resources, and schedules necessary to complete the project. Creates estimate of cost and budget for the project.
- Coordinates and participates in the preparation and production of project deliverables including but not limited to: preliminary studies, plans and cost estimates, definition of and oversight of design surveys, designs and plan production, project status/review meetings, specification and contract document development and production.
- Participates in project accounting processes, including review of time and expense charges to projects, timely preparation of invoicing and management of accounts receivable (A/R) and work-in-process (WIP) in accordance with the company’s policies.
- Participate in corporate accounting processes when requested.
- Reviews and assesses the progress and financial performance of all assigned projects on a regular and ongoing basis. Coordinates and implements changes in resource assignments, production methods, etc. to achieve optimum efficiency and profitability.
- Communicates openly and frequently with clients during the course of a project to ensure that all issues are addressed efficiently to the client’s satisfaction. Prepares, conducts and documents all progress review and other meetings.
- Conducts project closeout, including internal evaluation of project performance relative to the budget.
- Participates in developing a culture of discipline, where the meeting of goals and deadlines is required not only with clients but with others throughout the company. Meets all administrative requirements and requests established by the company on the dates specified (e.g., timesheet submission, invoice preparation and submission, report submission and other corporate directives, etc.)
- Stays abreast of new engineering trends and techniques. Participates in professional organization(s) in area of expertise and/or client focus. Maintains professional licensure in the states required by the company.
- Develops and fosters an open environment encouraging communications among team members assigned to a project.
- Provides information in developing strategic opportunities to senior managers. Assist with developing business; develops proposals; makes client presentations; closes the sale with clients.
- Mentors junior staff.
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of project deliverables and assists other staff with their assignments. Projects are usually large in size; oversees and directs the assignments of staff assigned to the project to meet deliverables.
- Accountable for the successful and profitable completion of assigned engineering projects.
- Monitoring of regulations that affect our clients, our industry and N&W.
- Maintaining project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Controlling project costs by monitoring time charges, expenditures, and subcontracts (as applicable).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Pennsylvania P.E. and Maryland P.E. is required.
- Proficiency in latest versions of AutoCAD and Civil 3D as well as Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
If you are ready to join a high-growth engineering firm with a diversity of talent, expertise, and experience, then we would love to hear from you. Our employees strive for excellence, maximizing their individual strengths while promoting teamwork. Our commitment to continued training and development provides employees with the opportunity to achieve their goals while advancing their technical skills and providing cutting edge technical and professional services to our clients.
Navarro & Wright Consulting Engineers, Inc. (N&W) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. N&W does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
For the safety of our employees work is performed remotely to the greatest extent possible.
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19