- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of software development experience (Java, C, C++, Golang)
- Experience with fundamentals in data structures and object-oriented design
- Experience building and operating highly-available services
The Amazon Elastic Container Service team (ECS) is looking for Backend Engineers to help build the future of Containers on the Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) platform in AWS.
Containers are a new compute primitive that enable developers to build modern applications. With Amazon ECS, customers define, deploy, orchestrate, and monitor their application without having to worry about infrastructure. This a huge area of investment within AWS, and the ECS team is growing rapidly.
We are hiring engineers with experience designing, building, and operating distributed systems that are fault tolerant, scalable, and highly available. We are open to candidates without expertise in containers, but believe in the impact that this disruptive technology will have. This role is a rare opportunity to help define the future of how developers use containers in the cloud, at the world's largest cloud computing company.
Here are some features the team recently launched. We are a highly visible, public facing service, and many projects you ship will have press releases!
VPC Networking for ECS Tasks - https://amzn.to/2jhzu4W
ECS Service Discovery - https://amzn.to/2pyZ1cQ
Container Health Checks - https://amzn.to/2Fos2mq
Daemon Scheduling - https://amzn.to/2MmU69A
To learn more about Amazon Elastic Container Service visit https://aws.amazon.com/ecs.
A developer-focused guide can be found here:
- Experience building Java-based web services
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up like development environment
- Experience using Docker for packaging and deployment of applications
- Understanding of Containerization Technologies
- Experience with design/architecting large-scale distributed systems
- Strong customer focus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.