Job Title: Controls Engineer
Summary: Software design on PLC and robots, build and troubleshooting of control system solutions for industrial equipment and automation products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop PLC Logic programs in Rockwell RSLogix5000 (ControlLogix, CompactLogix), RSLogix500 (MicroLogix), CXONE (OMRON), Step7 and TIA Portal (Siemens) and/or GX Works (Mitsubishi).
- Design Graphical User Interfaces with Rockwell FactoryTalk View Studio, CXONE, Step7 and TIA Portal , Visual Basic, EZAutomation and/or GT Works.
- Machine commissioning: program start-up, debug and install of automation systems including PLCs, robots, special equipment etc.
- Responsible for troubleshooting equipment and validating the control systems on the PLC program to ensure reliability in operating environments with the costumer.
- Write documentation and system specifications (user manuals) toward fulfilling the scope of work set forth by the IA program manager.
- Understanding and implementation of customer and IA specifications standards for programming. (It is not allowed to deviate from the standards)
- Use various communication protocols, including IO-link, Ethernet IP, Remote I/O, DeviceNet, and DH+ and setup robots communications with PLCS.
- Robot programming including simulation or real robots through teach pendants (ABB, Fanuc, IAI, Nachi Etc.).
- Professionally represent IA at customer’s sites during commissioning and service.
- Active participation in communicating and suggesting company goals.
- Communicate and provide status reports for the software development to management
- Database programming on SQL, Excel, Access, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree in Automation, Robotics or related field preferred.
· 5+ years related experience and/or training.
· PLC software programming experience.
· Robotic programming experience.
· Experience with custom assembly equipment.
· Working knowledge and experience with PLC and robot safety standards.
Secondary Responsibilities and Duties:
· Vision systems programming experience including Cognex & Keyence (Including FTP applications to save images on databases)
· Leak test systems programming knowledge
· Screwdriver systems programming knowledge
· Hydraulics knowledge
· Resistance weld controls metal welding programming knowledge
· Communications with Labview applications
· Electronic Test of components through PCBs
· Able to travel to Canada legally
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- PLC : 1 year (Preferred)
- Robot programming: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location