1 COMPANY SUMMARY
- An exciting and dynamic environmental consulting and engineering firm that services all of BC. We were formed in 2007 by a small group of like-minded professionals who sought to build a unique employee-owned and employee-focussed firm.
- A team of over 40 talented and passionate individuals, including contaminated sites professionals, engineers, geologists, hydrogeologists, scientists, technicians and professional support staff. Our teams are closely integrated, allowing for exciting multi-disciplinary projects.
- A group that genuinely enjoys working together and loves what we do. We have experienced virtually no staff turnover in the past 15 years.
- A provider of top-tier services that are tailored to our clients’ needs. Our clients include government agencies (municipal, provincial, and federal), property owners, contractors, developers, realtors, architects, and other engineering and consulting firms.
- A specialist in:
- Environmental assessments and investigations.
- Site remediation and reclamation.
- Environmental permitting and project management.
- Hydrogeological engineering.
- Geotechnical engineering.
- Hazardous Building Materials assessments and abatement planning.
2 CURRENT OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking a talented and capable Senior Contaminated Sites Consultant & Office Lead for our Fraser Valley office, who will be responsible for:
- Managing a variety of environmental site assessment and remediation projects across BC.
- Providing senior technical and regulatory support to various projects, as needed.
- Providing leadership for the incredible team of professionals and support staff in our Fraser Valley office, including mentorship to junior and intermediate staff.
- Developing client relationships and pursuing business opportunities.
- Assisting with the development and enactment of various workflow and communications processes, systems, and technologies.
- Supporting and advancing the overall growth and success of the company.
The successful candidate will work closely with, and be supported by, our existing team of highly qualified and capable contaminated sites professionals.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an expert in contaminated sites investigation and remediation in BC, with a minimum of 10 years of consulting and/or industry experience.
- Be registered in BC as a P.Eng., P.Geo., P.Ag. or similar.
- Possess demonstrated expertise in most or all of the following areas:
- Stage 1 PSI / Phase I ESA, Stage 2 PSI / Phase II ESA, and Detailed Site Investigations.
- Remediation Planning and Management.
- Environmental regulatory permitting and approvals, including applications for Instruments (Determinations, Certificates of Compliance, Approvals in Principle, etc.) from the BC Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy.
- Environmental liability estimating.
- Technical report preparation and review.
- Proposal preparation, cost-estimating, and review.
- Have a strong understanding and interest in the business aspects of the consulting industry.
- Possess a demonstrated ability, aptitude and interest in:
- Managing consulting projects successfully and effectively (on-time and on-budget).
- Working in a leadership role.
- Mentoring staff and contributing positively to the company culture.
- Working both collaboratively and independently, as warranted.
- Managing multiple tasks simultaneous and effectively.
- Communicating clearly in English, both orally and in writing.
The following additional skills or certifications would be valuable assets, but are not required:
- Registration as an Approved Professional (AP) by the Contaminated Sites Approved Professional (CSAP) Society.
- Expertise in related fields such as biology / habitat assessments, hazardous building materials assessment and management, geotechnical engineering, hydrogeology, etc.
4 PAY, BENEFITS & HOURS
This will be permanent fulltime salary position, with a minimum of four weeks paid annual vacation. We anticipate a salary of $100,000 to $150,000 per year. Actual salary will be negotiated and will be commensurate with experience.
Our generous employee benefit program includes:
- Very competitive salaries.
- Regular mentorship and support for Professional Development.
- Extended medical and dental benefits.
- An industry-leading profit-sharing and bonus program.
- Paid sick leave.
- A unique company-directed investment program.
- An energetic and truly collaborative working environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00-$150,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Abbotsford, BC V2S 0E9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you registered in BC as a P.Eng., P.Geo., P.Ag. or similar?
- contaminated sites investigation and remediation in BC: 10 years (required)