Responsibilities for our Sales Engineer Include:
- Maintain a full schedule of sales support appointments (Conference calls and webinars; approx 20 per week).
- Maintain constant connection to assigned sales channel tier.
- Strong focus on driving sales process forward (from initial meeting to solution proposal)
- The ability to develop a win-win vision by discovering, understanding and evaluating a prospect’s business requirements, budgets, and related elements
- Ability to identify and recommend appropriate solutions for complex customer needs/requirements on the fly
- Create quotes for prospects in need of complex solutions.
- Manage all sales support activities using company selected CRM management toolset and provide detailed documentation of all sales support activity
- Maintain an advanced knowledge and proficiency of all Thomas’s Solutions including Thomas Network Products, Thomas Product Data Solutions and Thomas Marketing Services (SEO, SEM, Web development)
- Provide input on product positioning and public perception
- Interface all production departments to explain client requests
- Gather requirements for product development based on customer requests
- Travel to Prospects and Customer for on-site meeting (15% travel require)
Requirements for our Sales Engineer Include:
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering
· 2-4 years’ experience in an engineering or technical position in the industrial marketplace
· Pleasant telephone demeanor, exude confidence and authority in sales calls.
· Ability to mentally construct solutions on the fly and articulate the plan to clients.
· Extremely strong communication skills required; strong presentation skills including experience with client presentations; solid work ethic; personable demeanor; and required experience in working with large and small customers
· Must be able to communicate complex ideas to non-technical and technical audience
· Solution Consulting or other digital marketing sales support and field use is an advantage
What you’ll get as our Sales Engineer:
- Great benefits including 4 weeks PTO, medical, dental, & 401K
- Summer Fridays
- Training and career growth opportunities
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Great location in the heart of NYC
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree area of study:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave